stitch covering for children/baby clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stitch covering for children/baby clothing

I've noticed on children's clothing (Gap Kids) there is typically some sort of iron-on or adhesive covering on the underside of the embroidery so the stitches don't irritate the child's skin. Does anyone know where I can get this? I've done some searches but can't seem to find it.

Thanks
    Josh

Floriani and John Deere both sell appropriate products for this. Check their product descriptions on their websites. I can't remember the names off the top of my head.

Mary
    Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Thanks Mary! I found what I am looking for at both places you mentioned. John Deer (http://www.adorableideas.com) refers to it as a "fusible no show mesh". Floriani (http://www.rnk-inc.com) refers to it as "Dream Weaver Fusible." What I found interesting is that Floriani claims their product is not a stabilizer but it is to be used in conjunction with a stabilizer to keep delicate garments from shredding. They state their product stretches with the fabric so the drape of the fabric is not affected. John Deer claims that their no show fusible mesh can be used as a stabilizer in the event that adhesives cannot be used. They both claim they also can be used to cover the underside of stitches to prevent skin irritation. Do you have any experience with the two? It sounds to me that one is more stretchy than the other? It this the case or am I just reading two different descriptions of essentially the same product?

Thanks
      Josh

Comment

Dream Weavwe fusble or the no show nylon mesh will both work well for what you want
        The Dreamw Weave is softer but it is not a stabilizer by itself.

http://www.rnkdistributing.com/dreamweavefusible.shtml

You will probably be able to get by w a tearaway
        If you use the Dream weave

The no show nylon mesh is also soft and sheer but not as soft asd the Dream Weave
        It definitely can also be used as a stabilizer

http://www.rnkdistributing.com/noshow.shtml

The mesh is made in wht blk and beige in a fusible or non fusible version.

The Dream Weave Fusible comes in blk and wht

If you e-mail me off list - and if you are a commercial embroiderer - we will gladly send samples of both for your own evaluation and tests.
        The fusing temperatures on each are product are a bit different
        I will go over this w you when you receive the samples.

Sincerely
        Fred
        Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Hi Josh,
          I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. We're painting our bedroom for New Year's Day. Bummer. I also must be thinking about mowing the lawn, too. (Spelling of John Deer's last name.)

I haven't used either product, but I've used other Floriani products and been extremely happy with them. Therefore, I'd try Florianis first. I would definitely not expect this treatment to be a substitute for stabilizer. I see that Fred has already responded with similar comments. Give them a try.

Good luck,
          Mary

Comment

Fred- I am definitley interested in trying both brands and I am a commercial embroiderer. I'm curious to see how the dream weave holds up after a few washes. It seems to me that a tear away backing (or at least the stuff I have) would not hold up as well as a cutaway after repeated washings.

Is there an email I can use to contact you directly or should I use the contact email on your website? I can be reached at [email protected]

Mary- thanks for all you help. It only took me a few searches to realize John Deere doesn't offer much in the way of stabilizer materials. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You might want to check out http://www.marathonthread.com/ for king cones and also for stabilizers. Always nice to combine orders to one vendor. Look under New Items for the Stablizer and under Sale for the threads. I find their site difficult to order from so end up calling them with my order. Their prices are certainly good!
              Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Marathon has a nice selection of stabilizers but I didn't see any fusible type stabilizers on their site.

Comment

Yes, I believe everything John Deere has is green anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Mary

Comment

For the fusible stabilizers, look under New Items, near the bottom.
                    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
                    X