Fading of black polos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fading of black polos

Hi Folks - I just got a call from a customer who says the Outer Banks 2100 polos I did for him a few months ago (in black) are showing significant fade. These are used in a shoe shine business where they get worn and washed a couple times a week. Does anybody know of another brand that I can get a black polo in that is less resistant to fading?

thanks
    Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

I have been told that wasning a garment the first time using a cup of vinegar sets the dye in fabric. Be sure to tell the customer that they should wash garments insideout and use cold water to help save the color. I actually have printed cards I attach to the garment giving them washing instructions--dry cleaning is the best (if it is a garment that can be dry cleaned) then turn insideout and wash with cold water as a second option. That takes away my responsibility--we never know how other people care for their garments once they leave our hands.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have never known a black 100% cotton shirt to not fade with time. Black is tough (as well as other "dark" colors). You may want to try either a different color or a blend. Polyester will help keep the color. Yes, you can recommend laundering instructions but most won't go through the hassle. Just give them information and options. Let them choose.

Dorothy
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

When my customers complain of fading I recommend going to a 50/50 or 60/40 blend cause the blends don't fade as bad. Red and Black are the worst for fading. I sell alot of the Sanmar K455 60/40 Rapid dry polos cause they are a blend which is great for not shrinking or fading yet they are a Moisture Wicking so they stay nice and cool. They are $12.99 case price which is a few buck more than the 2100 but the quality I am very happy with. A less expensive alternative may be a k500 from sanmar which runs I think $6.99 or $7.99 case price and is a nice shirt for a lower end shirt.
        Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
        X