Amaya OS/Design Shop + V10 on WinXP ethernet card will not function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya OS/Design Shop + V10 on WinXP ethernet card will not function

I just uploaded OS /DS+ to V10 and the Ethernet card stopped working. Reconfigured the adapter per the Help instructions to no avail. Tried two other PCIe D-Link 530TX adapters with no success. Previous version that was working before the upgrade was V7.0. If anyone has found a solution to this problem or has any ideas please let me know. Upgraded to V10 for the needle case position calibration feature.

You may need to upgrade your hardware (computer) since you upgraded your software. Both need to be current to be compatible. XP's software configurations are not current with all the updated technolgoy of V.10, or other programs for that matter. This could cause conflicts because it just can't handle the processing speed that is now available when writing new software. Whenever you update your software to the latest version, it's best to make sure your present computer and operating system can handle it. Windows XP is old technology, and everything in the XP computer was built for XP technology which may not be enough to handle your new programs. V.10 is written using the added features Windows 8 technology offers. These new features are obviously not available in your Windows XP operating system software so therefore some features just can't work. I'm writing a blog for Melco and Stitches located on the ASI Stitches Magazine website that more thoroughly explains the upgrade process. You may find it helpful.

GF

Comment

It is my understanding that they (purposely) left out IP stack data so older versions of AOS will not work out of the box. You can however, run it on a 32 bit only WIN7 in compatibility mode and it works fine. I am still using version AOS 7.0.118 on a 32 bit WIN7 Ultimate desktop.

I HIGHLY suggest getting off XP to begin with. Support ended for that nearly 2 years ago and WIN7 is a much better platform.

Comment

Working...
      X