Invalid argument error when loading design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid argument error when loading design

Once in awhile I get an error when loading designs that I've bought. Recently it was a file from Embroidery Library in pes format, so I stopped using that format, and tonight it was a name I made using a font I bought in exp format from 8 Paws and a Claw (so each letter is a separate design that has to be inserted, it's not an alphabet that can be typed in). I saved both in Design shop as the default file type.

When trying to load to Amaya OS, I get an "invalid argument" error message and the file kind of loads, but it is not correct. I can't use the keypad to center the design or do a trace. I can do it using the icons on the screen, but the design on the screen doesn't move at all.

Is the error in the design itself or it is the type of design? Or how I'm saving them?

Any solutions to clearing out the error?

I have older XTS (2006) and version 7-ish of the software. My computer is a stand alone and is not connected to the internet.

Thanks for your help.

I always use dst files from stock design companies and I don't seem to have any issues.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I doubt it but you may have reached the stitch limit of your AOS.
      Go in delete your jobs folder check force download and then try restarting both AOS & the Machine waiting about 5 min between.

Also if you can open the file in Design Shop save it as an OFM which is the default file type.
      As you can set the file type the program saves to. make sure it is .OFM.

I am personally hoping Melco fixes the file conversion soon.
      (It's been 10 years) it is getting old having to convert designs just to get them to work in their programs.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

I have found that stock designs are a pain to use. too much editing. we bought a font pack and the lettering columns are so wide it looks like crap. we have to remove all underlay and use like a negative 50 on pull comp to get it to look decent.

but on topic, I use wilcom mostly and save at as dst when loading to the machine, no problems yet.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I will try the suggestions. I don't think I've used DST so will try that too. I've usually gotten exp but can't edit them. I am happy with most of the fonts I got when I bought the machines but this was a special font for a friend's baby onsies - of course I had trouble with it!

Comment

I have found that design shop is very limited compared to wilcom. I like some options better in design shop, but overall I use wilcom for most everything. can edit almost anything.

Comment

Working...
            X