Problems with software on Windows 8.1, machine not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with software on Windows 8.1, machine not turning on

I'm having all sorts of problems tonight. First I had to uninstall then reinstall the AOS v.10. Then the machine would not turn on until after several minutes; when it finally did I was able to test stitching running a small design, one color lettering. Then I opened DS Pro+ v.9, created some lettering with some running stitches for alignment. When I hit the shift and arrow buttons, the screen went completely black and I could not get anything to come up from the desktop. I rebooted and from that point on, I could not see the crosshair from previous elements when digitizing simple lines. I finally had to uninstall/reinstall that as well. Now it seems to be working. But, when the screen went blank, I shut off the machine and now I'm waiting for it to turn on again. Thing is it won't turn on even with the computer turned off/unplugged. Has anyone had this problem with either the machine or the software on Windows 8.1? I'm so frustrated tonight, it's times like this I hate having to be tethered to the computer.
    Amaya XTS, 2 years old, light use
    Amaya OS version 10
    Design Shop Pro+ version 9
    Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on these problems
    Edna
    Etched In Thread
    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Ok, after much frustration, I think I finally figured out what the problem was. I went to the options menu, checked the ethernet again, it was correct. But what made the difference was to check "force download" each and every time I plan to turn the machine on. I used to be able to turn the Amaya on and it would immediately come on, and I don't know what changed, but I tested it off then on a few times and it came on as soon as the RSA/CSA files downloaded. I hope that's the end of that! Well, hope this helps someone if they ever come across the same problem. Edna
    Etched In Thread
    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Comment

Working...
    X