Amaya bravo software appears to be missing dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya bravo software appears to be missing dongle

Sunday I purchased amaya bravo floor model with 119k stitches from a local dealer in my area. Was advertised as having osv10 and design shop digitizing appliqué stop. I asked about dongle and was told they didn't have one. They apparently are no longer carrying Melco and not to bash them but have become very unwilling to help now that sale is made. Did not receive 2 hoops it listed as coming with it and I have loaded all software and the osv10 is there and working. Problem is I have NO design shop not even the lite just a demo. My understanding is the lite should load with all machines and requires no dongle. I am still pushing them on the dongle for digitizing as it was advertised to have digitizing. But can someone confirm for me that I should have design shop lite and any info on the dongle and if I'm correct in my assumption that I should have gotten DS lite. Got machine at a good price and other than being aggravated with not getting what they said I would if it at least had design shop lite I'd be happy with purchase. Any info on if I am correct on the dS lite would be greatly appreciated. Just don't wanna push for something that isn't standard like the dS lite being included in all. Very frustrated as I've researched what machine I wanted for 2years before actually buying machine and was willing to buy a machine I never saw run until I got home and figured out on my own how to operate and ran a design to insure it runs.

Also let me apologize for jumping in and asking question 5 mins after joining forum without saying how happy I am found this forum. I've actually been reading on forum for a while must now signed up to post though. I've been embroidering and sewing as a small business for 3 years and have long past outgrown single needle machine. I finally found machine at cost I could go ahead and make the leap to 16 needle machine. Have taken on regular accounts that just necessitated an upgrade. Just wanted to say hi and apologize for crisis mode post. Just a little overwhelmed with new machine having no instruction and missing components. With hubby in background saying we can return it if they don't make it right. My mind went to don't touch my machine I'll figure this out and it will workout! Lol tomorrow I will be getting in touch with Melco to see what I need to do to take classes and order hoops if dealer refuses to supply them to me. Still unsure on the whole software issue. Have used stitch era for digitizing but really would like the DS even if minimal capabilities just seems easier to work with machine but not sure any input on those options appreciated also.

Comment

Here is a link for the Bravo...there is a package "A"..""B"...and "C" that can be purchased as upgrades to the Bravo. Which package did you purchase?

Mr Vac & Mrs Sew - Quality Vacuum Cleaners, Sewing Machines, Emboidery Machines, Household Items, Kitchen Appliances & More

Package "A" in this ad does indicate that Design Lite is included with the machine.

Having said that, DS Lite is not applicable to "digitizing" as such. It is limited to editing of designs to some degree. It is also capable of adding lettering to designs and/or editing lettering properties. But, as far as creating designs (digitizing), no. You would have to go up to a higher level such as Design Shop, Design Shop Pro or the top level Design Shop Pro Plus. Check out the above links for more information.

If my memory serves me correctly, AOS Version 10 does not have a dongle and will automatically respond in Lite....

Where are you located?

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Star, ID
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi rod,
        Thank you for replying so quickly. Yes I knew the lite did not have digitizing. The machine was advertised as having digitizing is one of the issues we are having with dealer. As well as missing 2 hoops advertised in with machine. I am familiar with the 3 packages they won't say per say which package it was supposed to be. But because I've researched this machine 2 years it is clear to me it is package b maybe c but says original price was 9595 which usually is package b if I'm not mistaken. Thing is I don't even seem to have the dS lite on the cd they gave me so that I can do basic lettering type small adjustments. Unless I am somehow missing something when I look at it. I'm in baton rouge la I'm trying to find out if there is a local rep I can call to help make sure I get up and running properly even if I have to pay out of pocket. Thing that is so frustrating and makes me want to stand my ground with the dealer is they have become very rude and unhelpful since we have questioned them. Had they have nicely said we just don't have the items anymore we are no longer carrying machine this is all we have to give you. And would have been nice then I would have been disappointed but ok with answer because I do feel I got the machine at a great price. Thank you so much for any help or suggestions.

Comment

Are you sure you went through the complete process of installing all the software on the CD? When I first installed, there were multiple steps to the installation process. At first I thought I was done, but when I went back to the CD, there was another program to install. Just a thought.
          Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Well I wondered that also. I think I have when cd comes up it gives option to install os10, design shop DEMO, live deigner prep and Melco sizer I even tried installing the demo and could use it but couldn't save anything or anything. Message shows up saying not allowed on demo. I do wonder if I'm not doing something right. If I'm missing something hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.

Comment

I think I would just talk to Melco then and see what they say.
              Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Working...
              X