Vector conversion software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector conversion software

I am really jones'ing for software which will convert eps files to exp or dst format. I purchased Adobe Illustrator on the cheap so I can have eps or ai files only to find out that my version of Design Shop won't do the conversion. Sheesh.
    Does anyone have something they'd like to sell for a reasonable price? I am SO tired of drawing logos by hand and outsourcing them.
    Thanks!
    _ _________________ _ <br />Lawson Poling<br />Awesome Lawson\'s House of Stitch

I suggest DRAWings 6 pro
    have a look under

if you wish to know more about it just contact me - greetings from vienna - Peter

Comment

Thank you, Peter. $1,300 USD is a bit steep for me!
      _ _________________ _ <br />Lawson Poling<br />Awesome Lawson\'s House of Stitch

Comment

Well - check with your local dealer - we offer instead of upgrades also a crosstrade with your existing software - and you can still use your existing software also - so no trade in - maybe there is one on offer at the moment
        We produce a lot of logos - I just copy the vector or eps vector I opened in say corel draw, paste it on an empty page - finished

If you have an few vector files to digitise - just send them - I will convert them in the fileformat you want (dst, melco etc.) - no charge - take care - Peter

Comment

I found a copy of version 5 for that software. The price ranges from $670 to $800. Maybe the $15-$25 digiting fees I'm paying aren't so bad after all!

Comment

I've recently started using Vector Magic to convert images to vector graphics. Earlier today I vectorized an image, saved it in svg format, and was able to convert it to a design file in my DesignShop Pro+ V9. I had to tweak the design (fill pattern and underlay and satin width and underlay, but the process was painless. I'm pretty sure DSV9 can do the same with eps formats.
            Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Sorry, go to www.vectormagic.com. The price is very reasonable. $7.99/month (charged in three month increments) for the online version; under $300 for the full version on your computer. I bought the full version because I can't depend on connecting to a wireless network when I teach.

As a demo, they let you upload an image and vectorize it. You can't save it but you can see how the product works. There are also a bunch of videos to help you learn the product.

Barb in Broomfield
              Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

I've used vectormagic for quite a long time and really like it. I just do the $7.99/month. I think you get two free conversions when you sign up (at least I got them when I signed up.) You can edit it some in vectormagic and then also in DS9. I use the .eps format.
                Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Working with and auto digitizing Vector images is only available in Design Shop Pro+ Level.
                  [email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwing View Post
                    Working with and auto digitizing Vector images is only available in Design Shop Pro+ Level.
                    Apparently, Melco has now made this feature available on all DS software above lite. This is what I was told when I purchased a new XTS on Monday.

Comment

Here is a link to the brochure

The only real feature Design Shop Pro+ has is the ability to use Vector graphics. I am sure melco has not just gotten religion and decided that everyone now does not need to pay the $1800.00 upgrade fee.
                      They may have upgraded you to pro+ as a promo for your purchase.

I have the vector graphics feature and rarely use it. auto digitizing is poor digitizing. Most of my customer base is ex customers from a company in town that gives free digitizing They use "drawings" and I have no problem out preforming the quality of designs they sew . I get their return business and they never leave.

I have found auto digitizing is as much work in editing as just doing it manually.

JMHO
                      [email protected]
                      Jerome in Minnesota
                      (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks for the comments Greenwing. I have DS9 and it has the vector feature. I am in the process of using this auto-digitize and it is so slow I am thinking there is a flaw in my software. Granted, I am working with an image that is 14"x9", but I am going on 45 mins so far just converting to embroidery with auto complex fill on the black border. I am using a quad core w/Win 7 @ 24 gigs of ram. I can zip around in Illustrator and photoshop with 2 gig files, but this DS9 takes no less then 5 minutes to open a 10 mg ESP file. I purshased the new XTS so I can embroider Orthodox iconography on alter coverings and was assured this is the set up to do exactly that. I guess I am going to have to be patient as I figure out the proper workflow.
                        Last edited by privatestudio; 11-15-2013, 09:15 PM. Reason: fix

Comment

Privatestudio, good luck with auto-digitizing iconography. We were told it would work, too, but were very disappointed with the results. We digitize background objects for icons, such as buildings, but have found that nothing matches the beauty of free-motion embroidery for the figures themselves. We don't even try auto-digitizing anymore because we had to spend so much time fixing things up that it was easier to start from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                          X