Problems with Design Shop Pro+ V9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Design Shop Pro+ V9

I have had this software for some time now and have never been able to figure it out. I try to make simple edits, and sometimes the stitches disappear. Even when I try to convert a design to wireframe to adjust something the stitches disappear on my screen. I have to shut down the program and start again. It is so frustrating.
    I put a call into Melco tech yesterday and only got an "attitude" and wanted me to pay for service. I had questions I should have asked a long time ago. He spoke so fast and was very rude.
    Has anyone else experienced the problems I am having with this software? I have a friend who has it and loves it.
    Also, I am very very displeased with the service I have received. They were so helpful when I was purchasing my equipment but have been less than that since then.
    I sent in a complaint about my latest phone call but have yet to hear from anyone!
    Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

with a design loaded....have you "right" clicked on the "3D" icon and unchecked the "Hardware accelleration" box. If not do so and see if that will help...

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have had sections of some designs disappear when saving in formats like PES and DST. When I try to reopen the bad designs Design Shop shuts itself down. I was running it on a computer with Windows 7 Professional and have now switched it to one running Windows XP Professional and haven't had that happen since I changed.

Tech support helped me several times with re-installs on the Win 7 computer but after a short time it just began the same problems again. They did not have an answer. I pretty much just gave up because I did not have time to deal with constant re-installs. I realize XP is not what is the latest but as long as the program works I don't really care if I am not using the latest Windows program.

If you can get the program installed and working properly you will really like it just as your friend does. It is a great program and I personally love it. (When it works properly)

There are some very experienced DS and Amaya users here and they are always willing to help others. They have been very helpful for me at times.
      Marcelle Lewis
      http://embroideryavenue.com
      http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Thank you for the advice everyone.
        Rod, I checked the 3D icon and the Hardware acceleration was Not checked, so that must not be it.

Marcelle, I have this very same thing happen too! Stitches disappear and sometime the design shop shuts off. I am running Windows XP. My computer is older, maybe it is time to get a new computer?

I would so love to learn to digitize, that is why I bought the Expensive program. It has just been so frustrating!

I NEVER have heard back from Melco, even though I asked for a follow up on the poor service I received on the phone. I really like my machine, but find it difficult to refer people when the customer service is very lacking!

I will keep trying to get this to work and I thank all of you for your help. Many of you have helped me in the past, and I really really appreciate that!

Pam

Comment

I had trouble running DS also before I upgraded and bought a new computer. Now I don't usually have problems except once in a great while. It's not a new computer with Windows 8, it's Windows 7 and for the most part I don't have problems.
          As far as customer service, I hear where you're coming from. You just have to be persistent and unfortunately put up with it. There are still bugs in DS but they seem to not do any updates until the complete new Version comes out. I think they're more into hardware than software at Melco. But the machine and software are great when everything's running well! Good luck to you!
          Digitizing is fun, but I would really recommend a new computer. JMHO
          Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

Pam, I also have an older computer that I prefer running DS on. One of the first Dell XPS machines that is very fast, not like the slower ones now days. You should check your RAM. Increasing it might help you.

When I first got the Win 7 computer tech support send me an updated DS Pro Plus Version 9 install CD that was supposed to be used for Win 7. Depending on when you purchased DS you might not have that. It is a free update. I have found that the new version runs better on XP too. If you get a new computer with Win 7 or 8 be sure to get the updated CD for installation. There is also a 2 or 3 page instruction sheet that will guide you through installing ONLY as ADMINISTRATOR.

If you have a lot of programs on your XP computer they may all be starting up when you boot up. It has helped me to limit the programs that automatically start up. That will give you more resources for DS.

If you did not get any DS training when you purchased you might consider going to a class. There is also a CD that has some training for digitizing. Melco also has some video training on their website that might help you.

Since you are editing purchased designs also you might also try saving the design to CND format and edit that instead of changing to wire frame. I started out using wire frame but found that CND is more of a scaled down version of wire frame that you can edit just like OFM format. You still have a lot of parts you would not normally have but not nearly as many as wire frame gives you. When I purchase designs that don't come in OFM I always get CND if it is available.

I do hope you get the help you need to get started digitizing. You have invested in a great program in DS Pro Plus V9 and it is surely a waste not to get what you want from it.

Email me any time.
            Marcelle Lewis
            http://embroideryavenue.com
            http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Thank you Marcelle, I will certainly look at all of that. When I purchased my machines, Dec 2008, the Design Pro+ was on V8. V9 was suppose to come out within a month or two but was postponed for a few months longer. Melco did not want to give me the FREE update but I insisted. It was not my fault they delayed it. They did send me the V9. That is what I am using and have done the updates through the computer.
              I took an online class through Melco training. It seemed easy until I was on my own. Things just do not seem to work right. I have 30K invested at this point with the AMAYA's and would like to learn digitizing too!
              I will stay in touch and thank you for your help and input.

Pam

Comment

Working...
              X