windows 8 ethernet compatibility issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 8 ethernet compatibility issue

Bought a new HP computer, windows 8. Installed Amaya and Design shop. DS opens but when i try to open Amaya it says "Ethernet communications did not open properly, restart computer." I called hp support ended up sending computer back and they found that ethernet is working but says there is compatibility issues with AMAYA OS and sent computer back to me. So.....does anyone know what to try next?
    [email protected]<br />Samme Engelson

Dear Samme,
    We just bought a new HP computer, windows 8 and you need to go to the DS icon on the desktop, right click, go to properties in the dropdown menu, go to compatibility and check box to run as administrator. That will allow DS to talk to OS. Other than that we had no issues running either. Biggest problem is getting used to windows 8 but moving forward and being positive.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Thank you! That is at the top of the list to do tomorrow!

Comment

Ok..so it opens Amaya os flex + but my machine doesn't communicate with that so now what?

Comment

I don't have an answer. y next step would to send or call Melco and ask them for the next step. Someone on this list may know more. Sorry I can't give you more answers.
          Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I went to the following website and it gives you steps to set up windows 8. Maybe this will help.

Comment

If you are connecting direct to the machine - you need a crossover cable rather than a standard ethernet cable - to connect from your computers ethernet card to the machines ethernet port.

If you are connecting to a hub/switch, you can use a standard cable into the switch, and a standard cable out of the switch to the machine.
              John Yaglenski
              Amayausers.com - Webmaster
              Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
              Hilton Head Island, SC
              http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Ok.. I got it to work by right clicking on the Amaya icon, properties then there are choices that enable you to run it in compatibility mode with windows vista (which is what my old computer had so that's what I chose). This seemed to be the ticket!

Comment

Working...
                X