Actifeed and Bobbin/thread detection not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actifeed and Bobbin/thread detection not working

I Have an Amaya XT, and for the past 2 weeks, after about 30 minutes of my machine running, the actifeed quits and the bobbin and thread break detection quits. Now today, it wont work at all. It really ***** because you have to watch every item all the time! It just keeps sewing away, even without thread! it makes a huge mess! I really rely on those functions! Especially with full back that might take 30 minutes, you can listen for the machine to stop; meanwhile you can be working on a design or cleaning or whatever! But not now! I have to watch constantly! I beleieve its a glitch in the software maybe? But what can I do? Has anyone else ever had this issue? What can I do!?
    Melinda Holm<br />Embroidered Creations

There is a very good possibility that the thread break sensor....that is the crome tube that spans across the middle of the needlecase) is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. Behind the needlecase cover is a small PC board that has two, very tiny, wires that are soldered to it. Quite often it is the solder/wire joint that fails from vibration and fatique over time....or something else on the small PC board gives up the ghost...

Take off the front plastic needleplate cover and you will see this small PC board on the left side of the needlecase. Inspect it carefully for broken wires, dirt, oil, etc. .....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

We had the thread break, bobbin break sensor not working. Replaced the sensor tube, still not working. It would work ok when you first start the machine but after runnung it for a while you would look over and the sensor wouldn't stop the machine. A certain section of the main board would get hot and that would start the problem. Ran it for a long awile with a fan on the main board, but then it started having problems again. Had someone try to fix board, but didn't work. Machine is still down, new board is very costly. Lucky we have 3 more. Well, 2 more now, one had the Z motor go out and have been waiting at least 2 months for Melco to ship a new one.

Comment

Bill call me tomorrow, I might have a z motor here. 402-429-1761 Lonny
        Encore Embroidery<br /><br />Nancy Rasmussen<br />Certified Trainer<br />Bravo Sales<br />Certified Technician (Amaya&EMC/EMT)

Comment

Working...
        X