Upgrading to newest OS from old version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to newest OS from old version

I purchased my Amaya in 2004 and besides the free updates, I never upgraded my OS. I've heard there are many improvements and benefits to having the latest version. Just wondering if those that have upgraded from a pretty old version noticed enough difference to warrant spending the money. Thanks for your help, as always!!
    Lou Frazier<br />In House Specialties, Inc.

Assuming you have ver. 7, and want to upgrade to ver. 9- I don't know the cost- but I like ver. 9 much better. You can do stuff like move the design around WITH a window open. You can also do work in the tree with a window open. There are really too many differences to list here, but ver. 9 really has a lot more bells and whistles.
    Gregory

Comment

I am currently using Version 5 that came with my machine... so I know there are a lot of changes.
      Lou Frazier<br />In House Specialties, Inc.

Comment

Like Lou, I also have ver.5 and also have the same old Dell computer from 2004. I have not thought about updating the software because of the expense, but have thought about updating my computer to speed things up and get a larger screen. I haven't done this because posts on this site seem to indicate that the old DS and OS versions won't work with the newer Windows. Is this correct? Does anyone know if there is someone we might contact at Amaya who would be able to explain the advantages of updating DS and OS? Also, I've heard complaints about ver.10; is it either possible or reasonable to update to ver. 7 or 9? Not being computer savvy, I don't want to create more problems than I solve by updating either my hardware or software.

Comment

Working...
        X