Format Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format Conversions

I purchased some stock embroidery designs awhile back. The only format available was ART, HUS, JEF, PCS, PES, SEW, VIP and XXX. I usually order EXP but that wasn’t an available option. Which one of these converts the best for the Amaya? The problem I’m having is that it won’t convert the jump stitches to trims and some of the running or walking stitches are actually stitches and not jump stitches that can be trimmed.

If I convert to wireframe, I lose the texture of the stitches; and/or can't get to the stitches anyway to delete.

GF

I always use PES and have not had any problems. I chose this originally because I was used to it on a Brother machine, but Design Shop seems to convert to ofm with ease.Using pes format to start, I have not experienced any sewout dfficulties in last 5 years,
    related to format.

Comment

I download quite a lot of freebies, as well as subscribe to an interesting site which come with multiple choice formats, and like lm 1 inc, I choose PES. I use a professional digitising programme to embellish many of these designs, which uses OFM, and the Amaya easily reads both. I was told that the jump stitches are usually a sign of poor digitising, and was shown how to overcome them, but have forgotten. Can you inspect the stitchery before you purchase? If so, you can see which have jump stitches and avoid them.
      amayaki

Comment

I hate PES, sorry. I would go with DST before going with PES
        Jazmin in San Antonio<br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a>

Comment

Except that DST doesn't hold trim commands or the color information! And PES does.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
          X