satin stitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satin stitches

Hi I was wondering is there a way to make big satin stitches? dont know how else to explain it...satin stitches that are 1/4" or a little bit bigger. I want to make bigger satin stitches that the needle hits only on the edge of the columns and doesn't hit in the middle.

also is there a feature in designshop pro+ that can be used to make nice long corners? without making a miter.I have to digitize a banner or ribbon that has long pointy corners. And am having a hard time making the corners and keeping the stitch direction going the same way.

Thank You!
    chad

Ok I have found out how to do the corner miter or cap. Just found it in the properties.

Comment

In pro+ version 9 in the properties you need to change the setting "use fill for stitches longer than 60" or whatever your default is to a higher limit so it will not automatically change to a fill stitch.

Comment

Thanks ckramer!

What is the biggest satin stitch the xts can make? I've seen some designs on clothes with 3/8" - 1/2"(at least that's how big it looks...) I know that they say that satin stitches like that tend to get caught on things n such. But that look is doing really well in my area.

Thanks again!
        Chad

Comment

For wide satin stitches - and to avoid snagging - best to do a split satin which gives the look of satin but will divide things so that you don't have those super long threads that are prone to getting caught on something.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
          Hilton Head Island, SC
          http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

levelbest John,

can you briefly explain to this newbie, the best way to set an Amaya XT, using Design Shop 9.00.009 to do a 'split satin sticth'.

How does doing a split satin stitch give the appearance sought by Nalo_b Chad?

Thanks to you and other respondents
            amayaki

Comment

Working...
            X