Updating video driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating video driver

I was experiencing issues where part of my design would not show on the screen. I asked Melco and was told that my video driver needed updated. My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT version 8.420.0.0 from 9/14/07. I am running Windows XP, SP 3, version 2002 and have dual monitors installed. When I upgrade to the most recent driver, my computer is blue screening saying the driver is incompatible. Has anyone experienced this issue or had similar problems with a solution?

Yes, I experienced this identical problem. It's not your video card or driver. It's that the OS software doesn't have the memory or ability to utilize the new resources of these video cards therefore you are blue screening. I'm running Ver.9 on Windows 7 in XP mode and it's working out fine. If you search on this board, you may find my post on the details of what I needed to do. I seem to recollect that I needed to turn off video acceleration in the Melco software ... but it's absolutely not the video hardware you have. I have the same setup and I was told the same thing and it turned out incorrect. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I just don't remember what the fix was. It happened over a year ago and is running perfectly fine now. Same video card and driver.

Comment

Working...
    X