Fast Frames Help Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Frames Help Please!!!

Hello, Im hoping someone can help me,,,I have an older Big Red Amaya along with fast frames that i have used in the past with no problem. so this has been driving me crazy for the past 3hrs....I am wanting to emb on a lanyard key chain and got it designed using a 3x11 rectangular fast frame. when i get it all set up and ready to go in amaya os I will do a trace it reads fine and in the sew area on screen but when i watch the laser light on machine or even try to sew it will hit the very top of the frame where it screws on,,I hope i explained this right to understand if anyone could give me any ideas of what i might be doing wrong,,,oh and yes i do have the right arm attached which is the long on. thank you

Be sure you center your hoop before loading the design, And be sure your design is centered in the sewing field prior to saving form design shop.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

thank you for the tip followed your steps but i still have the same problem. the design on computer is in the sew field and good but when I do the trace on the machine it hits the outside of frame at the top. i even changed frames and tried the 4x11 and still the same. the frames are under my list as Fast Frames, should they be fast exchange frames cause i can do a fast exchange 5x4 frame and have no problem

Comment

Fast frames, being an after market item, were not specifically designed for the Amaya as far as hoop size. I suppose you could take the time to learn how to set the exact hoop measurements in the customize hoop section, but I was always too lazy to take the time to do it.

On the OS screen, if you have your "orientation" crosshair displayed on the screen, you will see that few if any of the fast frames will center according to the crosshair. This means that when you load a design, just centering the hoop won't do you much good. You will need to jog the hoop to ensure that when doing a trace, every thing will clear the needle and presser foot. It is not a perfect world when Fast Frames are being used. You have to "make" them work for you.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rhollid,

Rod is correct, the fast frames don't always center correctly on the Amaya machine. Jog the hoop to get it centered and do the trace while watching the laser. If it traces without error and the laser doesn't touch the frame you're good to go. If the trace fails but the laser hasn't touched the frame you would need to choose a larger hoop, trace, and verify clearance yourself. This is somewhat dangerous as expensive machine damage could occur. Be very careful when checking hoop clearance without the computer helping.

Comment

Working...
          X