No announcement yet.

Will Design Shop v9 run a "red" Amaya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Design Shop v9 run a "red" Amaya?

I have Design Shop v9 running on a Windows 7 PC attached to a 2000 EMT 10T F1 machine via a Ethernet hub and am thinking about buying a used "red" Amaya machine. Will the Design Shop v9 running on my Windows 7 PC run the "red" Amaya machine if I simply run a Ethernet cable from the "red" Amaya to the Ethernet hub that the PC is connected to and the EMT 10T F1 and is connected to? Or do I need other software or another dongle? Will I be able to sew a different design on each machine (EMT 10T F1 and Amaya) at the same time from the single PC?

Also, if I decide I like the Amaya and want to purchase another Amaya to replace my EMT 10T F1, will I be able to hook the second Amaya up to the hub and use the Design Shop v9 to run both Amayas? Will they have to sew the same design or can they each sew a different design at the same time?

Thanks.

Design shop does not "run" Amaya machines.
    The Amaya OS is needed for that. and yes it requires a dongle to run.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

You'll need Amaya OS to run the Amayas.

Once you have that, you can run different designs on different Amayas. I have 3 Amayas right now and I can run a different design on each one and control all the properties, needles, etc. from inside the Amaya OS.

Comment

The Amaya OS program took the place of ENS (Embroidery Network System). You cannot run both Amaya OS and ENS on the same computer at the same time as you will experience problems. Amaya's must be connected to a separate PC unless you don't plan to run your EMT machine at the same time as your Amaya.
        In Design Shop, you can send a file to an Amaya using a link in Design Shop, however, you must possess a working copy of the Amaya OS program in order to send ANY design to the machine. The EMT machines gave you an option of sending a file to the machine using ENS or a floppy disk directly. The Amaya does not accept any floppy disk, jump drives, flash cards, etc.. directly. All files are sent thru Amaya OS.
        If you buy a used Amaya from a 3rd party, consider what you will have to pay Melco for your own version of Amaya OS (there are 3 different levels) before negotiating a deal for the machine by itself.

Ed Orantes
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
        X