Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS not working...HELP!

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm having problems. We're moving out of the country (military) and I am leaving my XT with a trusted friend for 3 years.

Anyway, I run the OS from my laptop and decided to leave him the laptop so that we didn't have to reinstall the OS and set it up, etc. I remember that 5 years ago when I got my XT that was really tricky and time consuming. So, I deleted all my non-embroidery stuff from the laptop today.

Now when I try to run the OS I get an error that says: Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine. And it beeps constantly and I can't stop it. I have to CTL-ALT-DELETE and kill it.

I have version 7 of the OS on an XP laptop. I actually wanted to upgrade to version 9 a few days ago, but I ran into a problem when I tried calling Melco support. I melted the OS dongle this past December. Called then and ordered a new one, which works fine. But, now when I call to get support, the auto system asks for the SN of the dongle and then tells me it does not recognize it! I'm guessing the new SN did not get uploaded into their database, maybe? In any case, I'm not sure what to do. I cannot find my original OS CD.

Is there any place where I can download the OS software? I have the dongle, but it seems that I may need to reinstall the software.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Loyda
    Loyda Olson<br /><a href=\"http://www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com</a>

It has to do with the Visual Basic that loads with the OS. Try this:::::

Click on Start and then on Run. Paste the following into the run line:

Regsvr32.exe /u C:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dao\dao360.dll

Click the OK button. Then, click Start and then Run again, and paste:

Regsvr32.exe C:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dao\dao360.dll

and click OK
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Hi Herb,

Thanks for the code. I did not get a chance to try it because I found my OS CD earlier today! I did a re-install and it works again. I'm so happy.

However, I will keep your codes, just in case I need them in the future. Thanks again. I appreciate you time and know-how!

Loyda
      Loyda Olson<br /><a href=\"http://www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com</a>

Comment

Working...
      X