colume with one uneven side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colume with one uneven side

I have DS7pro plus and I am trying to do a colume with one side straight and one side uneven.
    I have digitized the bottom of a square I have gone to effects and said I want side one to be uneven by 15% that is nice . Then I went to the other side and did the same thing only I want side 2 uneven by 15% .Well it is doing the 2nd side the way I want it but the straight side of it is sending out a few long stiches
    I have tried starting from the begining a few times and it is doing it this way every time.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I am sort of trying to make a square with 2 colors meshing into each other in the middle
    TIA
    Kathy

It's a computer program. It does what it is programed to do. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration and just edit those long stitches manually. I do that all the time.

Juli
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Kathy,

If you are trying to use the "random edge tool" in effects, make sure that the two fills that you are working with have exactly the same stitch direction assigned to them and that there is " no" pull comp being used.

If pull comp is beng used on a fill, you will get those long stitches sticking out of both sides of the fill but only in the direction of the stitch.

If I get the gist of what you are trying to do...I might try to do it this way.....create the full size square with the complex fill tool, set your stitch direction at 90 degrees, input opposing straight line wireframe points ...one on the center of the top edge of the square and one in the center of the bottom edge of the square.

Now left click on one of these center wireframe points, hold down the control key and select the other one, use the "split element" tool to split the square into two pieces. Add a color break between these two elements and go into fill properties for each fill individually and assign random edge 1 to one half and random edge 2 to the other half....the percentage you want the edge to spread/flare/separate will be your choice to enter.....

Rod springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
      X