small text tie offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small text tie offs

What is the best tie in/tie off style to use for small text ie:.18 or thin columns? I have tried style 2, and on occassion, it does not seem to tie off properly. It leaves a tail of thread that if pulled slightly, unravels. I use design shop pro+ version 7.115 What exactly should be checked at the top of properties box, and how many stitches for the tie-in/off type used. Thanks for the help in advance.

I'd love to know the answer to that as well. I've tried all 5 tie ins and offs on my letters. One of my favorite fonts is Ole Script-DAK and the pull out happens in both start and finish on some letters. Even with the ties "always on". My concern is that, not only did the tie not work, but there must not be any bobbin thread throughout the area of the pull out/unraveling area in the letter. Suggestions?

Comment

OK....some folks may like different TI's/TO's, but for the most part I stick with style 1 for fills and larger satin columns. I like the style five for smaller columns. I don't even use 2,3 and 4 anymore. That is not saying for certain applicatins, I won't give them a try... In Ver 9, you have the ability to create you own TI's and TO's and save them....so if you are creative, design your own.

If you are digitizing for Sequins, a # 1 is always used, from the styles offered, because it is a long stitch TI/TO to start in the center of the sequin, jump outside of the sequin and back in again and not puncture or clip the sequin. I mention this to give you an example of why a # 1 may not be the best style to use in small lettering just because it is a "long" stitch TI/TO.

Style 5 creates a backward four ( 4 ), for a TI/TO and you will cuss *&^*&^% it if you are trying to remove stitches.

For problem areas in a design, especially lettering, it is advised to move the exit point ( X ) away from the end of the column, if it is tieing off at that point. It keeps the end of the column tight with no loops because the TI/TO will be inset in in the column and sewn back over, if that makes sense....

Something else that will help for those "pullouts", is going into Settings in AOS, and changing the "Inching Stitch Count" from the default of 3 to 5 or 6. This gives the machine 2 or 3 extra slow stitch revolutions to pick up the bobbin thread for a tie-in before taking off at high speed.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

When we use TI/TOs on small lettering, we get an extra stitch sticking out, like on the bottom of an L. You can see it in OS if you enlarge it. Take out the TI/TO and it goes away????? Thank you, Bill We use #4 and have tried others.

Comment

Thanks for your input Rod. I shall try no. 5 on small text. I had hesitated to use that one as I didn't want a "dimple" showing in the letter, and I thought that one looked as though it might do that. I did notice that no.2 was a poor choice according to the manual, which I hadn't looked at for some time now, but thought it was time to open it once again. And yes, the inching stitch count change will help anyone having some problems with thread coming undone at the start of elements, as I had changed that some time agoe when that was a problem after upgrading my software.

Comment

Working...
          X