X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Letera

Hi Everyone
    Hope some one here on the list can help
    My desktop machine has died and taken all and sundries with it.(happy I had a spare hard drive with all my embroidery files on).
    I am having a problem with Letera on my laptop.
    As I haven’t used it in a while
    I type the letters for the words I wish to use then , save as , up to now every thing appears ok.(and hope I am doing it correct)
    I send the design to the machine an XT when I open the design ready to embroider, you may be able to read two or three letters and the rest appears if it was wet paint and someone has used their thumb smearing all the remaining letters across on an angle making them unreadable.
    In fact the design appears to look like the wings on a Pilots jacket an easy way to explain Do hope I have made myself clear

Any suggestions guys?
    Sally

Sally
    I received your file
    It was in Open Block
    It is 2.327" x 6.484"
    Stitch count of 7620

Your going to not like this But
    I see nothing wrong with it

except that you may want to change the connectors to closest point. or set your trim length to 35p to have it trim between each letter.
    I don't see anything like your seeing in the OS or design shop.
    I even ran a test sew and all is fine.

What version of the OS are you using?
    and Since your using Letera, You don't have design shop correct?
    sorry.

I am sending you a copy with the trims removed it was saved from DS V9 see if that works..
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

I have Letera too and I still use it all the time as my premium alphabets were purchased using it rather than DS.

Here are some things to try (I've had this experience too but quite a while ago)....

1. Open OS, and open (not send to machine) your file, save as with a new file name (otherwise you will not be able to open in Letera).
      2. Save as condensed (.cnd)
      3. Save as an expanded format (dst, exp)

With options 2 & 3 you lose your colors but you can open in OS, apply the thread colors and then save as ofm keeping the colors. You can always go back in to DS if you have it and try converting to wireframe if you need to edit.

What version of OS do you have? Do you have DS? If so, what version/level?

Dorothy
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Working...
      X