loose tie ins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose tie ins

I am doing a design which is all lettering and i am using a truetype font. I am test sewing it on some cutaway and I am having trouble with loose tie ins. The stitches are not tight at all at the start, after a trim, or after a thread break. The bobbin passes the drop test for tension. I have set the actifeed to 2. Machine is set at 900 spm.

Also I would most of the letters are being trimmed after each letter except for a few. The size of the lettering is small so I don't want to have to cut any jump stitches. Is there a way to insert trims without converting everything to wire frame?

Thanks for your help. Can you tell I have very little experience? lol

Bruce

For small lettering, make sure 'short stitches' is turned OFF, and there is NO underlay. IF you have 'auto' feed, turn it ON, not off-let it do it's job. Pressor foot down and back up 1 click unless it's heavy material, then you want it down enough to just kiss the material.
    Trim after each small letter? Waste of time-and no one will notice. BUT if you must...where you 'type' in your wording, look at the list of 'tools' to the right of that window-there is a pair of scissors. Just click your pointer between each pair of letters, and then click the scissors. Do this between each set of letters and words-it looks like you are adding a 'space' but you aren't-you are adding the 'cut' command. And also about 20 seconds each for extra time.
    Now run your test and make sure you have good backing, at least a mesh along with tearaway (stiff) to hold everything still for those small letters and if needed, solvy on top. But that will be a job to pick off afterwards...depends on how 'clean' you want that lettering to look. Remember-NOT ALL FONTS CAN BE SEWN BELOW 1/4 INCH TALL!!!

Comment

Thanks for the response. The reason for the trims was because of the design having the lettering spread-out 3/8 of an inch between letters.

I made the adjustments you suggested and things are going better but I am having a bunch of false bobbin breaks and the tie-in is still loose not so much on the small lettering but on the larger 3/4 inch high letters.

What about a different tie in stitch? Would that make a difference?

Thanks again, I will get working on it.

Comment

Working...
      X