DesignShop Not pulling up on Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesignShop Not pulling up on Computer

I have been using my DesignShop Program on the same computer for 6 months now and our electricity flicked the other day and now my DesignShop will not open on my computer. I have tried recovering it (did not work), I tried rebooting my computer (did not work), and I tried to download the DesignShop Program again (did not work). When I tried to download the program again it told me it my be Locked! Is there such a thing as it becoming Locked? And how do I unlock it or please tell me another way to maybe get it to work again. Got lots of costumers waiting on orders! Amaya Program will still pull up.

You may have to try to uninstall the program before beginning again. I don't know if you had tried that.
    There must be a corrupt file somewhere that is preventing it from working.
    have you tried to open from multiple places, not only the desktop icon, but from the programs list as well?
    When installing you may change the name of the folder it installs to, such as Melco_1 instead of the factory default. this way it writes to a different location and doesn't look for files from the old setup and if asked if you should rewrite over old files if there are duplicates always say yes.
    But unistall before reinstalling.
    Let us know how it goes and what happens.
    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

You may have checked this already, but sometimes it's the easiest to overlook. Check that your dongle is seated properly, or try putting your dongles in a different USB port. Your short may have affected the USB port, or you may have knocked it slightly ... you can easily check that by trying to read a USB card from that slot. If you don't already have a serge protector, this may be a good example of why that's important. Without knowing for sure what kinds of errors you are getting and in what sequence you are getting them in, I would suggest uninstalling the Melco software; reboot; make sure the directories/folders are gone; then reinstall. If you know how, go into the registry and clean the registry up before the reinstall. If you don't know how to make adjustments to your registry, please don't go there without a tech helping you out. Good luck...these are frustrating problems to deal with, but breathe and take your time. GF

Comment

One good program to add to your arsenal is this
        Revo Unistaller

IT will work with all windows versions and after it uses the factory uninstall sequence it uses the info it has by scanning the program before deletion to create a map of all its parts and then by using the
        advance settings you can go back and it will scan the registry and remove all traces of the program that it leaves behind and lets you choose to erase or not. and best of all its free...
        I love it! just a little FYI.
        Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

I want to thank each of you for the info and helpful tips. I had to uninstall and reinstall the programs. It is up and running now. thank you again.

Tracey
          Threadworks

Comment

Working...
          X