DS Version 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS Version 7

Will DS version 7 work with the new Windows 7 Professional?

I need a new computer but don't want to upgrade DS.

Thanks for any input.
    \"I have a plan so keen, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasle\"

DS - yes
    AOS - no

You might have to find updated dongle drivers, btw.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I've gotten DSV7 to work on my new computer by turning it into a dual operating system (both Win7 and XP are on it. XP has to be installed first.

Barb
      Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

As John said, Design Shop version 7 does install on a Windows 7 PC however you do have to retreive dongle drivers that are compatible for Windows 7 from the dongle website.

However, Melco has confirmed that Amaya OS (version 2007) will not run on a Windows 7 PC.

So I guess it's off to the USED pc shop to find an older PC with Windows XP on it.
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I have a pc here with XP I'd be willing to reformat and sell to someone if they need a windows PC running XP to run DS 7/ AOS 7. $300 plus shipping cost. PM me if you are interested.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
          Hilton Head Island, SC
          http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks all for the info. I have decided to use my computer I have dedicated to my vinyl cutter. I have three, each dedicated to certain things and on my embroidery computer the hard drive failed, lost everything. I have a ghost drive in it and it is ok except the last time I backed it up was 3 months ago, lesson learned.
            Carbonite here I come!
            \"I have a plan so keen, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasle\"

Comment

I know what you're going through. Had the same thing happen to my computer running DS7, luckily I had many designs on a thumb drive, several old back-up CDs and the computer that runs my machines. I'm still finding out what I lost. So now Carbonite's backing up for us!
              Lesson Learned
              Mary Bowser
              Mary's Custom Products
              Indianapolis, IN

Comment

Would someone please point me to the website for the updated dongle driver to run DS7 on Win7. I've got it running on XP but would really like to have it on the "other side of my computer (Win7).

Thanks very much,
                Barb Bunker

Comment

Barbara,
                  Here you go...

It's the first one in the list entitled "Sentinel Protection Installer" version 7.6.1

Good Luck,
                  Ed
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Thanks so much, Ed!! I'm going to try it right now!

Barbara

Comment

Working...
                    X