Upgrade to Design Shop V9 Pro Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to Design Shop V9 Pro Plus

I am looking to upgrade from DS V7 to DS V9 Pro Plus. Does anyone know how much it is? I was told by my sales rep that I get a discount because I'm existing customer. I main question is - Do you know if those price quotes are firm or should I negotiate? And if I can negotiate, what price would you pay??

I bought a used machine with ProPlus for Vista. Melco transferred the software license to me AND sold me the most recent version of Pro Plus for Windows 7 for a grand total of $796. Not exactly the same as you are asking, but it should help for your information, as they usually charge $600 just for transferring the old software.

Comment

I only have one machine and am running DS V7. I will be running the DS V9 Pro Plus on the same machine. Melco quoted me a about $3,000.

Comment

Melco quoted you way wrong...talk to the local SALES REP and it should be waaaaay less than $3k.
        And paying a 'transfer' fee is worth it-without paying that fee (also negotiable!) you get NO tech help or support since the program/software isn't 'registered' to you. No tech help-can really hurt when you need it!

Comment

So you are focusing your answer on a legal transfer of software license to from a previous owner. Right?
          I did call a sales rep. My question has nothing to do with a transfer. It's a new LEGAL purchase so will have will have TECH support. My question still remains. What price should I pay for an upgrade from V7 to DS V9 Pro Plus.

Comment

I brought up the legal transfer, because I got upgraded software as well for less than $800. I posted that info so that you would have some ammunition, as it were. Certainly worth a try...

Comment

Ok. Thanks.

Comment

I just upgraded from 2005 Pro to Pro+ V9.
                My total cost $1500.
                I think they may still be offering a "Special".
                Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Embroiderthee,
                  If everything that was typed in your first post is correct, I believe the reason for the high price is because you would be moving from Ver.7 to Ver.9 .... AND jumping up TWO levels to Design Shop "PRO PLUS".
                  If you stay at the same level where you are at now ("Design Shop"), I would assume the cost would be around $700-$800.
                  Remember that Design Shop has four levels to choose from:
                  Design Shop LITE
                  Design Shop
                  Design Shop PRO
                  Design Shop PRO PLUS

You just have to ask yourself "is it necessary to jump up to another level from where you are now"? What features are you looking to get that you don't already have?? What's wrong with the software version you are currently using??

Make sure you do your homework and fully understand what you are doing before you do it.
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I'm ready to do a lot of digitzing using vector graphic images. I've been at the DS level since 2005 and am ready for the highest level. I am fully familiar with all of the features of all the levels and am ready for the Pro+. I'm still trying to get a price that I should negotiate for.

Comment

Your answer was above:

"I just upgraded from 2005 Pro to Pro+ V9.
                      My total cost $1500.
                      I think they may still be offering a "Special".
                      John Yaglenski
                      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                      Hilton Head Island, SC
                      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I have paid for v7, 1500 dollars and 1500 plus upgrade to flex more

Is that OK?? the simple v7 amaya I was 2 years and the other 1 year ago

Comment

Is there an upgrade I have 2007 DS Lite. I'd like to get DS pro 09
                          Kathy Shaw

Comment

Working...
                          X