tackle twill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tackle twill

Help. I am a new Amaya XT owner, and and am having a terrible time with tackle twill. That's all I get are skipped stitches and thread breaks. I've tried Melco, and my rep sent me info from another customer, but no go! I am working on the new fabric from Holloway. More of a polyester type fabric. I've changed needles, thread, bobbin types, cleaned the bobbin area, and everything else I can think of. Anyone have any suggestions to try? I would really appreciate any help I can get.
    Thanks.
    budda

I know the next person responding is going to say the same thing...need more information!
    Problem could be in the design, too dense, stitches too short, could be presser foot not set right, bobbin thread too tight or too loose...did you run the 'test' pattern, did a tech help you get set up...as I said, the more information to help you the better! What are you using for backing, what size/type of hoop-is the material too tight, too loose...there are so many factors to figure it out.
    Not picking on you...we've (I've) been there, done that, panicked, ruined jobs...gradually there is less yelling and screaming and more 'dang, that job is working'...LOL...hang in there!
    Did you take a training class, work with someone else that has one? Everything helps!

Comment

Hey something I have been meaning to post was a tip I figuered out for twill jobs,it keeps the fuzzy ends from being troublesome to sew down. After removing the twill from the plotter I run a soldering iron around the edges to seal them like a rope after it has been cut. Don't mean to hijack this thread just thought it might help.

Comment

Now that is what I call a cool (or is that HOT) tip
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Have been busy, so haven't checked back. I have been embroidering for over 15 years. Started on one of those home machines, and moved from an EP1 to EM1 to EMC1 and now the Amaya. I did have about 7 hours of training, but time is limited right now, as I teach sewing full time. I know I need more training, but am constantly testing.
          The fabric I am working on is a shiny polyester fleece. My rep told me to wrap my hoop with tape
          (17x14 hoop-rect). The design does fit the hoop. I have it hooped tightly with the screw tightened so the material is taught. I have tried both sharp and ball point to see if it would make a difference. Nothing! It is a professionally digitized design from Dalco and just has a zigzag stitch, no satin. There just doesn't seem to be enough thread, and I have tried at least 5 different settings. It works just perfect on my old EMC1---but I want to use the new Amaya. I appreciate any other suggestions. What brand and size of needle do you like the best?
          Thanks for the help. Really appreciated.
          budda

Comment

If your design has stitched OK on another machine and this material.
            and your complaint is there is not enoght thread on the Amaya.
            increase your thread feed settings
            Increase the material thickness and the lower thread feed limit to about 8+ for Fleece and try that. keep it on auto.
            It should put more thread on the surface.
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Budda Jean,
              With having owned all those other machines, I'm going to assume you know quite a bit about embroidery. What you might be lacking here is specifics on the Amaya XT / software settings.

Since you have the XT machine, you should also have the Auto Thread feed option. Make sure this is selected over the Standard Thread feed option. To check some other "fine tuning" options, click on "Tools, Settings, and then the Thread Feed tab". (older versions of AOS, it's simply "Settings, and then the Thread Feed tab")

Here you verify that your minimum thread feed setting is set to "1". If unsure about the other settings, just click "restore defaults".

What I just recommended above is where everyone with new machines should start and usually get good results.
              Also make sure your bobbin tension isn't too loose and roll your presser foot adjustment wheel all the way down. And as you know, make sure the eye of your needles are facing straight forward. Make sure your red thread feed rollers have been lubricated recently.

Best of luck to you.
              Ed
              -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I'm also having problems with sewing tackle twill applique. My machines are skipping stitches on the bottom edge of the tackle twill when sewing the design upside down on the machine. The edge closest to the head where the presser foot is on the sweatshirt not the twill is where the stitches are skipped. The other edge and sides are fine.
                I have tried different needles, lubricant on the needles, bobbin tensions, presser foot as low as it will go.
                I am using an XT and and original amaya and having the same problem. The auto feed doesn't seem to have any affect here.

[ June 01, 2010, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Hand-Done ]

Comment

Hi, One of the main things I like doing with my Amaya is takle twill, but it has been a real pain, I tried big needles little needles bobbin tensions thread feed etc and all of the above.. But no matter what I tried it would start to sew and if it would either miss the first few stitches and show a thread break, or the thread would fray or more often than not I would just get a violent thread break that would fire the thread out of most of the threading eyes..It was like the thread would be fine and then all of a sudden it would go super taught and snap.Even when it frayed you could hear something clipping then you would see the build up of thread before it broke.. In my case it turned out to be needle hook timing, the engineer backed it off so the hook was almost 1mm off the right side of the needle and this has fixed the problem for me.. Ps it can now sew burmilama thread using a 100 needle with no bother since as before it would not make 100 stitches before snapping..
                  I found a couple of pdf files on how to do the hook timing the other night but your engineer will hopefully help you..

Comment

Working...
                  X