project progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project progress

Remember I'm a newbie [img]smile.gif[/img] . I told my machine I wanted to stitch one of a given design (the only one in the queue). I actually wanted to stitch multiples and, of course, am having no difficult doing so. However, I'd like to know if that is the reason I can no longer see the progress of my stitching on the computer screen--it's blank. Even when I have a bobbin break, I don't get a message. I can only see the Amaya toolbar.

No, you should see everything just as you normally do. Perhaps it is something about that particular file. Try saving another file to the queue and see if you have the same trouble. Have you rebooted?

Juli in Kona
    Stitches in Paradise
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Well, I saw the progress through the first design. I haven't rebooted but now I've gone out of the OS itself and back in and loaded the design for 3 stitchings, so we'll see. In between I did turn off the sleep feature on the computer, could that have been it (I mean before I changed it to not go to sleep)

Comment

I don't mess with the sleep feature. Sometimes I hit the big red stop button just to reduce the annoying noise.

Comment

I meant the sleep feature on the computer itself. But that idling noise of the machine can get annoying...

Comment

I was told to put the machine to sleep if I will not be sewing for a few minutes between job. It saves the time on the machine and keeps your machine lasting longer. That is what I was told anyways.
            Tina K.<br />Embroidery Gals<br /> <a href=\"http://www.embroiderygals.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.embroiderygals.com</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://www.bridalgiftspersonalized.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.bridalgiftspersonalized.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.facebook.com/cruisetoembroiderysuccess\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.facebook.com/cruisetoembroiderysuccess</a>

Comment

I have a laptop tablet PC that I run the OS off of. I don't think it likes the sleep mode, so have never used it. But it is interesting that the time is the time the machine is ON rather the time it is actually creating stitches. interesting.

Comment

Guys,
                The "sleep mode" is simply an option to turning the machine off completely.

Know this:
                Even when the machine is in "Sleep Mode", it is still on. Meaning there is still power on the main board. Only power to the motors and lights are turned off. It's kind of like the electronic equivalent of hitting the emergency stop button.

For those who aren't familiar with "Sleep Mode",... Simply hold down the "Stop" button for 5 seconds. To "Wake Up" the machine, hold down the "Start" button for 5 seconds.

The machine records the total amount of time the machine has had power applied to it and it also records the number of stitches the machine has created (this is known as "Z axis rotations").
                If your machine has 1,000,000 Z axis rotations on it, and the average speed you sew at is 1,000 stitches per minute, then one could approximate the "sew time" would be around 16.66 hours (if my math is correct).

Personally, I haven't run across anyone who has found actual run time information necessary.

Ed
                -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Originally posted by Knehmer:
                  Well, I saw the progress through the first design. I haven't rebooted but now I've gone out of the OS itself and back in and loaded the design for 3 stitchings, so we'll see. In between I did turn off the sleep feature on the computer, could that have been it (I mean before I changed it to not go to sleep)
                  Knehmer,

The sleep mode on the computer may interfere with the communications to the machine. That is probably the reason AOS was not monitoring the machine correctly. Check your power settings on your computer and disable the sleep and hibernate functionality. Then the computer won't shut down functions that are critical for Amaya operation.

Ed's explaination of the sleep mode of the Amaya machine is correct. It just powers down the motors and turns off the lights. The machine is still "on". I don't think sleep mode will save any wear and tear on the machine. During normal operation when an Amaya machine is idle it will relax the motor circuits and reduce power to the motors.

The red E-Stop button is probably best used for it's intended purpose, stopping the machine in an emergency(fire, flood, eating a T-shirt, etc...). For many years the E-Stop feature has been used more like a convenient reset button. The problem is that the machine is not guaranteed to recover properly when the button is released and may need to be restarted. Then if force download is turned on you will loses your place in the design.

Best to leave "force download" turned off also. But that's another story.

Comment

The sleep mode on the computer DOES interfere with the communications to the machine...ever since I set it to never go to sleep, my progress is still showing.

Comment

Also, do not use a cordless mouse!!

We had one and my speed would change mid run as well as moving the image on the screen, zooming in and out... just little weird things as - I guess the mouse and computer were trying to communicate! My boss had gotten me one to make it easier than having to do it myself on the laptop, but after a couple days of its antics... I don't mind not having a mouse!

Laurie

Comment

If your boss wants to really please you, tell him to look into getting a Tablet PC.

Comment

I have never had any problem with my wireless mouse.
                          It works great and I have the ability to use it while infront of the machine rather then the computer. Makes going to heads up much easier mo running back and forth to open the maintance menu.

Mine is a microsoft foldable I keep it in my pocket, then just unfold it when needed.

no weird stuff here.
                          besides me I guess..?
                          [email protected]
                          Jerome in Minnesota
                          (320)259-1151

Comment

Add me to the list of people who never heard of or had a problem with a wireless mouse. Shouldn't interfere with the use of the software or machine. My guess is a bad mouse, driver issue or bad reciever.
                            John Yaglenski
                            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                            Hilton Head Island, SC
                            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
                            X