Alphabet Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphabet Editor

Having trouble with this feature; every time I try to change stitch coordinates, program locks up. Using DesignShop Pro+, Windows 7. twinsmom

Mine works fine. So, lets figure out why you are having trouble. Do you have the 3D on?

You should be starting out with a letter (Capital letter) that is 1" high. You should NOT change the size in the Alpha Editor. It does bad things when you do. Did you read about it in the Help files?

Maybe you can send me one letter (if they are individual files) or the name of the font if you are tweaking a TTF. Maybe it is the font.

Can you tell me exactly the steps you are using? And what about your resources? Got enough memory? How many other programs are running?
    Private email meif your want.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I have been playing with the Alpha Editor this morning and have a few cautions to tell you about.

1. If you are using some downloaded files that are NOT in original ofm format, you should wireframe them first and do all your tweaking in a normal window (not the Alpha Editor window), so that they are all in a ture ofm format.

2. The final size of of the letters should be 1" EXCEPT hangy downs like maybe Cap Z and also small letters. In other words, they should be the relitive size with the tallest letter 1" high.

3. BUT you can have letters that go above 1" and start before the line. I do this with flourishes.

If I think of something else I'll write again.

Juli in Kona

Comment

thanks Julie; I have my husband working on this and I will inform him when he gets off of work of your suggestions. twinsmom

Comment

Julie, my husband chooses Garamond Dak (EA) from the Design shop alphabets (he is already in the Alphabet Editor).The program converts it and he names it. He pulls up the letter, in this case the cap A. He hi lites one of the elements, he clicks the icon (left side menu)to change the stitch direction to horizontal in order to change the direction at the bases of the A. The program locks up. Is he missing a step or something? twinsmom

Comment

As I said, do ALL of your tweaking in the regular DS, NOT in Alpha Editor. When it is all correct, and is the final size, select it, copy it, change over to Alpha Editor and past it there. Move it to the right spot and set the beginning of the next letter.

I don't know why you can't edit in the Editor, but my program also locks up!

Juli in Kona

Comment

Thanks! twinsmom

Comment

Working...
              X