X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprial stitch

I am trying to find a way to do this in design shop pro+ V9

http://s1018.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=heart.gif

I am able to do it in my brother software but have not found it in DS pro+ V9.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

[email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Isn't that just a walk stitch? Or is it a filled shape? uhm.
      Jazmin from Mexico in San Antonio <br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a><br /> <a href=\"http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.etsy.com/shop/poshlittlethings</a>

Comment

No I have the density very lo but it is a "Spiral Fill" It can be done close enough to get a solid color. Just it follows the shapes borders till filled. ( created this in less then5 seconds including cropping the picture, ti would take a bit longer to do this with a walk stitch.)

Things like this is why I wanted DS (A Professional Program) in the first place, It has been a disappointment at times.

I have a customer that likes the effect seen in an OESD set called "Variegated Garden" and would like it in their design, would rather not have to do it by using a walk stitch..
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

I am curious to know if this design has been sewn on a garment and the garment washed and dried yet? I am guessing the design will "cup" and not lay flat after laundering. Have you tried it yet?
          Sharon
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Isn't this call the Contour Stitch on DS Pro Plus. I know that it doesn't do it very well, but we do have it. I have Generations and it does this VERY well, If I want to design something with this fill, like my beautiful turtle, I digitize in Generations and save to another format so I can use it.

Juli in Kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Yes and it works very well.
              and no, no cupping

When digitizing you have to understand the parameters of each type of stitching elements and use them working within those parameters.

This is Great fill for light elements like Clouds in the background of a design.

All digitizing element and stitch structures are useful when applied properly.
              I have used it often to provide texture and shading on top of fills.

I have been digitizing for about 12 years (Though I DO NOT COUNT MYSELF AS AN EXPERT understand Expecially in DS software) I have a very good understanding of the method.

My concern is not for its use but to see if I am missing something in the software, or weather this is just another short fall in the DS software, as is the inability to control the amount and formation of a fills random edge.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Juli
                I have only been able to get the contour stitch to follow a path not the entirer out line and spiral down.

If I am missing some thing please let me know, I will go back and play with it.
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

In Wilcom, I use the column tool to create an object that I apply contour to. Not at my computer to check and also not expert in DS.
                  Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Working...
                  X