control panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• control panel

okay im sure this is a simple fix ... But I am having an issue!! I loaded a design this am from my design shop into os and the control panel is MISSING! I cant go any further with a missing control panel!! HELP!! thanks in advance from a sleep deprived mom!! LOL

I don't know if this is what you have run into, but my wife Sue does this all the time...somehow, we don't know how and no one ever explained it-she opens up a bare-bones stripped down version of Amaya OS...we don't even know where it comes from. So she has learned to always start up Amaya OS and the Amaya BEFORE she tries to load any design from Design Shop!
    My suggestion, quit out of everything, shut down the Amaya AND your computer, let it sit and rest a few minutes. Then restart your computer, open up Amaya OS and the Amaya only-make sure you now have your control panels, etc. Then minimize this window (keep it active) and open up Design Shop. Find your design, now 'load machine' (v. 9) or 'load design' (v. 7 I think) and it should work.
    Take a deep breathe...you have only BEGUN to experience the joys of owning an Amaya with a personality!
    Roland

Comment

I sometimes wonder what would happen if we added 20 drops of expresso java into the 'keyhole oil' location...would that wake up the Amayas? Sometimes I think the machine is not getting enough rest...LOL...
      Rod, Sharon, Ed, etc....
      I'm only joking-I wouldn't seriously do it...
      but it's tempting! LOL

Comment

well bertha (aka my machine) and I are having a time out from each other right now. shes off and im having a cup of coffee hoping that i can realx a little and not feel so stressed! I will ket you all know what happens when bertha gets off the timeout step!

Comment

Signman is right, cause I've done the same thing on occasion, you look at the screen and wonder where everything is, I shut it all down and start over. I call it clicking before thinking, it is usually on a day I haven't had my diet coke yet in the morning, I don't drink coffee, but still want caffeine. Deep breath and restart.

Have a better rest of day
          Linda
          R&J Screenprinting & Embroidery
          West Branch MI

Comment

ok i tried doing the steps that roland suggested and when i load a desing from desing shop it still comes up without the control panel in the square hoop that i used on my last design. It wont bring up the panel at all. no matter what design i load... I am very confused as to where the darn thing went!! How could it just disappear? Did i somehow close it on my last job? and if so how the heck to i bring it back?!?!

Comment

Maybe you are chosing open instead of load design?

Comment

okay we've fixed it! Or should i say my wonderful husband fixed it. seems that somehow i managed to make it disappear. he messed around with it and got it to reappear! I really dont know what i did but its all better now! thanks for everyones help!!
                michelle

Comment

Okay guys,
                  Here goes....
                  In Amaya OS, you have the options as to opening files (very similar to Design Shop):
                  1) New page
                  2) Open file
                  3) Load Design

The first two are no good.
                  1) You would never want to open a new page in Amaya OS,... ONLY Design Shop.
                  2) If you click on "Open File", this will only enable the viewer part of Amaya OS and will look like a really scaled down version of Design Shop even though you are working in AOS.

The only thing you want to use AOS for is to send a file to the machine (That is unless you simple do not own any design software).
                  For this reason, when I visit a new customer, I hide those icons on their computer screen so they don't inadvertently click on them and get the same crazy scenario you guys have been talking about.

The other way to get into this viewer function of AOS has to do with your file associations. All of your embroidery format files should be associated with Design Shop and not Amaya OS. If it is the reverse, then should you choose to "double-click" on a file (say, in Windows Explorer), the file will open Amaya OS and allow you to view the design.
                  If anyone wants to know more about how to check their file associations, just say so and I'll continue with this book. LOL

Ed Orantes
                  Melco Tech & Trainer
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

As for closing the "control panel", "project view", etc...

You must have clicked on the little "X" in the upper right hand corner of the view window.
                    Some people have a habit of closing windows too fast and in the process click on the wrong "X".

Usually you can bring back toolbars and view windows by cliking on "View" and then selecting the appropriate selection to view/hide these windows.

Ed Orantes
                    Melco Tech & Trainer
                    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                    X