display problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• display problems

Ok I am nuts. it is Christmas eve and I wanted to do a surprise for my daughter. When I click on the Lettering button on the toolbar the project window goes black with the exception of a half inch square with what appears to be a stitch cross-hair. Please forgive my perhaps improper terminology but what has happened?

Thanks

Bruce

Dear Bruce,
    I can't help your problem. It always happens when you have no time left. Hope the problem is solved. Could always turn off and then on again. Merry Christmas Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Short of re-installing your software AFTER, repeat AFTER turning OFF all FIREWALLS and VIRUS programs.....

Have you disabled the "Hardware Accelleration" feature in both DS and OS? Load a design on the screen(s) and RIGHT click on the 3D icon. If Hardware Accelleration is checked...uncheck it, close out and reopen the programs and see if this helps your situation....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,

You get my vote for the "Brain Trust of the Year" award.

Thanks for the solution. Un-checking the hardware acceleration button was the key. What is the purpose of the accelerator and why would I want it checked or unchecked?

Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

I am not a computer guru....I will leave the theory of the "why" to someone with a better understanding of that.....

It has been explained to me that the "Hardware Accelleration" feature is more useful if you are going to play the high end X Box games and the like on your computer... It was also explained to me that this feature can and does affect the operation of OS and DS....so why is it even there? I don't know. The funny thing is , apparently some folks don't seem to have a problem with it???? That I cannot explain....maybe they are and just don't know it yet.

So if you want to play those fancy X Box type of games on your computer...recheck the Hardware Acelleration feature???? I don't know...does unchecking this feature in DS/OS...disable it everywhere in the computer? Not sure...but probably not. I don't play the games, so my knowledge of the why, is limited at this point...

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

For those of us (well, at least me with brain damage..LOL) can someone explain 'where' to find the on/off for Hardware Accelleration so I can see if it's on or off? I've had glitches with both DS and OS 9 and wondering if that's my problem...but being a Mac man I haven't got a clue how to do much more than turn a PC on and off without directions.
            To try and find something else on a PC gives me headaches...
            Roland

Comment

Roland, Windows XP or Vista?

Comment

Roland, I posted this above...earlier...

Have you disabled the "Hardware Accelleration" feature in both DS and OS? Load a design on the screen(s) and RIGHT click on the 3D icon. If Hardware Accelleration is checked...uncheck it, close out and reopen the programs and see if this helps your situation....

Rod Springer

Comment

I know it's not Vista, so must be XP. I'm on vacation until next monday...heading off to Maine if we don't get lost...LOL...
                  happy new year everyone!
                  I'll see if I can figure it out from your directions when we get back next week.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Mine was XP. After shutting the accelerator off I got my screen back but then it was slow in redrawing a design when i would make a density change. I turned it back on and it seems to work fine. I believe the file that gave me a problem was memory intense so i am thinking that was contributing to the problem. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

I'm sure the memory intense file didn't help anything. Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Even though the computer was fairly new the driver version was old. I was having the same problems and updated my driver and they all went away.

Steve
                      Trinity Embroidery
                      Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
                      X