Hoop choices in OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoop choices in OS

Am I crazy or does OS V 9 (the very latest version) not have the 15cm hoop as a choice. DS 9.00.099 does have it and I just assumed (so dangerous) that the two programs used the same hoops file. Apparently not! This is SO NOT what I wanted to do at Christmas time!

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

I don't see it there Juli. Is this a round hoop or a square hoop? Actually, I wasn't aware that size was available...where did you find it?

Comment

I have that hoop and use it all the time. It is in DS and has always been in OS, but not this latest versions. In the list, it is right between the 12 cm and the 18cm hoops. If you have an earlier version available, it should show up there.

Juli in Kona

Comment

I don't have an earlier version installed so I can't check for you. But it is definitely not in Version 9. Is the hoop round or square?

Comment

Round

Comment

Hi Juli...silly me...my hoops are in inches not cm which is why I was looking for a 15-inch hoop. It is in my list under 5.85 inch round in Version 9. Just in case it is yet another quirk in the software, try changing your measurement units and see if it shows up then. Let me know if you need the dimensions and I'll post it for you.

Comment

I didn't even think of changing from cm to inches! So, I did that. And lo and behold, there it is (in OS)! BUT when I look in Customize List it is not there!. There are 5 round hoops: in cm, 9, 12, 15, 18, 22. But only 4 are listed in cm ( 15 cm is missing), but if you change to inches, all 5 are listed: 3.51, 4.68, 5.85, 7.02, 8.19 inches.

S0 now that I have my system set to cm for hoops, I can still see the 15cm hoop. BUT if I go into Customize List from the Tools menu, it is not there as a choice. VERY strange!

Juli in Kona

Comment

Curiouser and curiouser said the rabbit...

Glad you found it Juli.

Comment

Dear Juli,
                  I have had the same issue after loading the update and when training two customers with new software V9. I have decided that the 15 cm hoop is in the list by default becasue it just shows up even though it isn't list in the custom list.
                  Margaret
                  Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Guys,
                    The "hoop list" must contain at least one hoop and being that the 15cm hoop is the most commonly used hoop in the industry (debatable), it is the hoop that will remain in your hoop list even if you "hide" all other hoops listed.

Ed
                    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                    X