Need Help with a Zig Zag pattern Fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with a Zig Zag pattern Fill

can anyone help me with a zigzag pattern fill. i have tried the help topic's and no luck.

thanks,
    Pat

So, what is the problem, exactly?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

doing it. How do you create a Zig Zag fill? Sorry if i was not clear.

Comment

I have V9: Make a shape, after you put in the in and out, look up above and you will see a new bar that starts out Density, Stitch angle, but you want Stitch Type which defaults to Fill. You want zig zag. Simple as that.

You can also go into properties and choose zig zag fin the Stitch Type there.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Nope. That did not work. I end up with some zig zag lines with no fill what so ever. There is something i am not being told. what it is i do not know. This can not be that hard. I have been doing this for 5 years know. This is the first time someone has asked for a zig zag fill. If you could break it down step by step, maybe that would help. Oh, if it where that easy i would have already done it by now.

Comment

Did you check the density? Sounds like it is a real high number. Bring it down to .6 or so. You're getting there.

Juli in Kona

Comment

Does Melco still offer web classes? Is Melco University still in existence? WHAT is going on at Melco...does anyone know?

Comment

GF,

I just went to Melco University website, and they are still offering classes into 2010.

Susan

Comment

If you select the filled object and open properties select 'stitch type' and choose zig zag that may be what you need. Mine defaults to density of 25. Doesn't look like that type stitching would work well for larger objects but better for small line type objects.

If you can use a fill that just gives the illusion of being zigzag you might try under pattern fills using abstract, herringbone or jagged. They all appear to be somewhat zig zag when applied to a filled area.
                  Marcelle Lewis
                  http://embroideryavenue.com
                  http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Working...
                  X