Mystery of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery of the day

This is the first time this has every happened to us. Sewing a student's varsity jacket back. Design was done in Design Shop V7 sent to the Amaya OS9 from Design Shop. The lettering for the back of the jacket sewed after the mascot eagle head, it was color #7. Lettering was in several spots on the jacket but was all white with no color changes in between words, would just sew one spot, trim move on. It sewed the girl's last name but when it moved up to the top of the jacket to sew the school name it changed colors all by itself, what should have been white is now brown, (good thing I walked by I only have to remove 2 letter). Well it also changed the fill type in the letter, the student name was correct, but the first letter sewed after the color change was not in the fill pattern we had selected but the next letter was.
    Looked at the design in DSV7 in 3D the letter A was different from the next letter "L". We brought the design into DSV9 and there were several spots that the lettering had changed from one fill patter to another in the same sentence. Also one letter capital "E" had 2 fill types showing in the letter. We ended up rebooting computer, and Amaya, taking the design and retyping the lettering, then sent it back to the machine as an .exp file. The only that saved me too much headache was it had sewed 2 things completely and when it screwed up it was at the beginning of the top.

Wondering if anyone else had anything like this problem or was it Santa's little elves playing tricks on me when I'm up to my neck in varsity jackets and other jackets to do.

One note, I had just sewed 18 jacket backs using the same lettering style and fill type with no problem, and we have sewn a varsity jacket the other day, same lettering style and fill type, no problem.

Linda
    R&J Screenprinting & Embroidery Inc.
    West Branch, MI

Linda,
    Why your machine changed colors when you didn't want it to, I have no idea. I would have to look at the design to see if there are any hidden color changes.

As for different fill types, I'm not sure if this is the cause of your troubles but V9 has an auto feature that will change your satin stitches to fill stitches after the stitch length becomes longer than 60 points (factory default). You have the ability to put in any value you would like. I think the purpose here is to prevent you from having too many long stitches that can easily be pulled or snagged. The problem is that you aren't always aware of when the design will change unless you are thinking about this feature. I'm also curious as to whether or not if you enter "0" for the value, if this disables this feature. I'm in a hurry now so I'll have to check that later.
    Of course, this may have nothing to do with what you're describing. I glanced over your post- as I said, I'm in a hurry.
    Good luck.
    Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Was the color change back to the 1st color perhaps. If it is you probably have a color change in between the wording, check out your stitch file. I have had this happen in the past and I unlike you was not so lucky. As far as the stitch changes when I first rec'd ver 9 I had thet happen to. In my case it was due to the stitch length.

Comment

The Design was done in DS7 and we have done many with that particular fill and the only difference this time was using OS9 with the file. Also as far as the color change, no it wasn't going back to the first color, as there were 24 colors to the design and when we looked at the design in DS it always showed us when we did the x out of color 7 all lettering in the design disappeared.

I will say when I started the OS9 this morning, since that was the last jacket sewn before I turned the machine off, usually that design would have shown back up in the morning, but the screen was blank and no message as to being unable to load.

Did 2 varsity jackets today with that fill design but saved them as an exp before we loaded into Amaya, couldn't handle any more surprises today, lol.

The only other thing Robin and I could come up with is the jacket was for a sister that we had done one previous, the sister was with her and we did bring up her older design, this could have been done in EDSIII as far as the lettering problem but the color change thing is still a mystery.

Either than or it is just Santa's elves playing tricks on me.

Linda

Comment

Linda,

I have had "phantom" color changes also. Out of the thousands of designs I have done with the XT's it has happened only twice. I thought I had plugged in the wrong color or left one out but when I double checked the color sequence it was correct. The machine just decided to put another color in there. It was also with designs I had done before and had no problems with.

Steve I.
          Trinity Embroidery
          Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
          X