Need help with file!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with file!

Hi everyone...I'm new here. I have an original Amaya machine (running OS v5.07.056) and an older version of DesignShop (v5.07.041). I recently received some OFM designs from someone and could not open them with my software. I was wondering if someone else might be able to either convert them or save them in an older OFM format that my software can read? Thank you.

How many designs are we talking about???
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

The OFM files you have were probably used by someone who has DesignShop version newer than yours. This means someone has to have version 6 or later (depending on what version they were saved as) and open each design one at a time and save it as version 4 or 5.

Comment

Yes, I get a notice saying that I need version 7 to be able to open them.

I have a total of 8 files which can be compressed into a 285KB zip file.

It looks like some of the files might be redundant, but I would like to be able to have them all 'converted' just in case I need to use them.

Comment

I have our computer up and running (not the one we use for internet) so if you want to send the files to me, I can load and convert them while I finish up an order before I call it quits for the day...
          no need to compress them-that can cause trouble.
          I have version 9 and it should (I haven't checked) be able to save down to version 5.
          [email protected]

Comment

I'm out of here in 10 minutes...if you do send me the files I won't get them until tomorrow morning and we're EST...a couple of hours earlier than you.
            Roland

Comment

Hey Mateo,
              Haven't heard from you. Have you found someone to convert your files??? Time is of essence.

Ed
              [email protected]
              -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed, I sent the files to Roland (signman) earlier, but I must have missed him before he left for the day. Hopefully he can convert them tomorrow.

Comment

If you don't want to wait send them to me, I'll do them this evening.

email to: [email protected]
                  Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Dorothy, I just sent the files to you. Please let me know if you got them or not...I hope my e-mail is working properly because my regular laptop with e-mail died yesterday and I've been using the webmail version.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Just an FYI, I was told by one of the software gurus that V9 save the files in a "universal format". Files saved as V9 will open in any version.

Steve I.
                      Trinity Embroidery
                      Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Hey, I want say a huge THANK YOU to Roland and Dorothy for helping me 'convert' these files so quickly!! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                        X