Comparing Design Shop /Wilcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing Design Shop /Wilcom

As the title sugests has anybody made a comparison of these two programs?
    Im getting a little disalusioned with design shop and might trial wilcom..
    Anybody had any experience?

I have some experience with the old Wilcom software but I'm not really familiar with the new Embroidery Studio, Deco Studio and TruSizer software. What are you not liking about Design Shop exactly?
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

DS9...if you try to modify letters (by clicking on the X on each letter) more than 3 changes, DS 9 crashes. In artwork-make more than 3 or 4 changes within one piece of artwork without saving-crashes.
      Group names-non-functional.
      "tool icons" are gone compared to DS 7, and even 'load' command is hard to find. Should have a 'one click' icon on the tool bar. If it's there-I haven't found it yet.
      Amayo OS 9...many times if you 'rotate' a design (for hat hoop example) it disappears and you have to go back into DS 9, rotate and save, and reload to see it in AMaya.
      That's some of what I've found...
      although I will admit, it is GREAT to finally have 'auto digitize' really work!

Comment

I know many are happy with DesignShop but for those who may be considering a switch, Wilcom dealers will often take other brands of software in on trade. So ask what your DS may be worth if you decide to switch.

Bob

Comment

I have had Wilcom since we started in 96. I feel more comfortable with Wilcom, we have version 2006. We also havev DS 9. I use the Wilcom about 90 percent of the time, mostly because I am more familiar with it.
          Greg

Comment

More questions . . . . . .

If you don't consider that you are just more comfortable with the Wilcom -

1. Which software do you think is best?

2. Does one have more features than the other?

3. Does one handle graphics and auto digitizing better?

4. Which one is easiest to learn?

5. How do they compare in price?

Thanks for your previous input and I hope you can answer some of my additional questions.
            Marcelle Lewis
            http://embroideryavenue.com
            http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Originally posted by MikeFreeman:
              As the title sugests has anybody made a comparison of these two programs?
              Im getting a little disalusioned with design shop and might trial wilcom..
              Anybody had any experience?
              If I may ask, What exactly is disalusioning you? The world is full of people that spend a lot of money looking for "green grass" when in reality, the tools that allow you to really digitize are all very similar from one brand to another. Some packages may do a better job at "auto" features, but in the real world, auto digitizing doesn't cut it for quality in any software. If you have not invested any time and training in your current level of software, the only thing that it will cost you is money. If you have invested time in learning the way the tools work, you will end up starting from the begining and re learning where the basic features are. Learning digitizing is a long road. If you have the aptitude and passion, I'd say 2 years to get a good handle on basic things. Pick something and stick with it. Wilcom is good software, but Melco, Sierra, Pulse, will all give you the same file in the end.

Ian

Comment

Well Said, Ian !!!!
                -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                X