Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applique takle stitch

Today im trying to convert text to an ie - JAMES-
    into a applique I have the laser cut letters and i want to use an over sized zig zag stitch to attach it to a polo shirt...
    Im using desighn shop pro plus v9, I convert vector to center line stitch, tackle or zig zag, letters are 75mm high stitch lenght 4.6mm, density of 2.49.... The problems occur mostlt in the A and the E (internal corners) but generally its messy all over with stitch direction not following the vector lines at 90 deg...

Thought some snap shots of my topstitch and corner settings might help.. [IMG]http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/ghettotige/topstitch.jpg[/IMG
    http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...ge/corners.jpg

Comment

To make matters worse I just tried the ioline 300 demo software and it does exactly what i need by default.

Comment

First of all mike, I am sure we are all very interested in how you got pictures to show up in your message! If you could explain that, it would be fantastic!

I looked at your problem and found that if I took the original tackdown and copied it, then converted it to a singleline center, density 2.56, it looked pretty good. If I added some direction lines, it was even better.

Seems to me that there is too much detail, the E particularly, to use such a wide singleline. I didn't mes with the "corners" at all, just added direction lines.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

uploading pics was easy in comparison to using Design shop LOL...
          To get the images I use windows Snipping tool..Under windows Start/All programs/Accessories/snipping tool (vista comes with this)
          Then you need a place to upload the image to I use photobucket its free to use and once you have uploaded your image you get a http link that you then use when you post on the forum. Hope that was clear... I can post more detailed instructions with images if you like..

Comment

I see now how adding direction helped alot around the A and the E, Is there an option in defaults that allows the stitches to follow the vector lines at a fixed 90 deg by default? I know it likes to add the extra angles to make it easier to round corners but in my case its just making more work.

Comment

No, because as it negotiates corners the angles gradually change. But it doesn't take long to just add a few direction lines. You only need them near the corners.

I did not digitize from a vector line, so I don't know if that had any bearing on the subject. What would happen if you did a running stitch from the vector line. Then copy that and convert it to a single line. That is what I did and it worked very well. I got a better looking design than you did (IMHO).

Juli in Kona
              Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

That is exactly why I bought an Ioline cutter and not one of the other less expensive brands. With two or three clicks of the mouse I have the stitch file, a little resequencing in DS if its a complicated multi color design and there you have it.

Steve I.
                Trinity Embroidery
                Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Sometimes I'll change the corners to be "mitered corners" but I don't know if that's the look you're going for. I like it, but it's just something else you could try.
                  Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Working...
                  X