changing 'expanded' files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing 'expanded' files?

Just went to sew out a design we digitized 2 weeks ago, and all except 1 copy (different sizes for hat, apron, etc.) open up in DS 9 as 'expanded' when I click on the stitch tree. I can't check density, make changes, any one know how this happened or if there is a way I can 'unexpand' the file so I can work on it? Even the original file is now 'expanded'.

Did you save them as .ofm files? or did you save them as something else, .dst, .exp, etc etc.....
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

All files were saved as .ofm...even the one I recreated yesterday...is now 'expanded'....
      I ended up making changes today as 'new' items and then deleted the expanded ones...no other way around it I can see....even files done in DS7 and repopened in DS7 OR DS9 have been converted to expanded!

Comment

I had the very same problem that you describe. This only started happening since I downloaded the update to V9, the latest one available(.087. Also noticed when I click on help and bring up the "about" box, the information on the dialogue box that contains all the copywrite information, is not in English but in some form that I cannot even recognize. It almost looks like computer language. What is going on?

Comment

Just discovered something in regard to this information. The designs were originally created on my laptop. Those designs are still in .ofm. I saved the designs to a USB stick in .ofm and took the stick and loaded the designs on my desktop computer in my shop. That computer does not have the updated .087. I could not resave the .exp designs to .ofm no matter what I tried. I am very puzzled.

Comment

Working...
          X