Embroidering wedding runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidering wedding runner

I have run into trouble when I embroider wedding runners. My stitching is so tight that it pokes holes in some of the lettering. I am using 4 sheets of tear-away, cut-a-way isnot good because it shows through the poly runner.

Help

It sure sounds like your embroidery is too dense. You could also try a finer needle (70) for the lettering.

Barb in Broomfield, CO
    Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

4 sheets of tearaway is not right
      Your machine tensions must be off or your design is poorly digitized - pnly my best guess

Fred
      Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

All I am using on the runner is Melco Lettering with the bride and grooms names,font size the largest that i can use with my hoop is 6 in. I need to invest in a larger hoop but before i do i have to get this right first. How do i ajust the tension i am very new to this i have a amaya xt with the sequin attachment i won't even tell you the problems i have with the sequin attachment i have never used my machine is 3 yrs old and my alignment is off.
        Thank you for your reply

Comment

Thanks Barb i didn't think about a finer needle and also how can i correct the density. thanks for all of your help i am going into a bridal shoppe and need this to be corrected by next week.

Comment

Decisions.....

The only "real" tension adjustment we deal with in the Amaya, as far as sewing goes, is the bobbin tension. Material thickness could/may be looked at as a type of tension adjustment as well as the tools for "run fill speed" and "column feed" that are found under the "Settings" tab.

"The largest I can use with my hoop is 6 in"??? Is this the letter size you are doing or the total width of the lettering line or ?? bigger hoop?? What size hoops do you currently have? Imbossed in the pastic for the hoops Melco sells are the nubers 9,12,15,18,22, 36x30, 44x30,etc. These are centimeter measurements. You can easily change you measurement reading for hoop selection to cm by going into "Settings" "Options", and selection "Measurement units" and change the hoops to cm or in or whatever there. I change back and forth at will all the time depending on what hoops I am dealing with because I have been too lazy to get out a magic marker and write the different measurements on the individual hoops...

Pull compensation and or density adjustments would be the first things I would take a look at.....

As far as the sequin attachment. One must know how to make minor adjustments on the head alignment to get the needle centered in the "hole" of the sequin. This is not difficult, but does take patience. This alignment should not change by itself. Usually the fixture is bumped accidentally, by walking into it or it hits a wall or door frame while the machine is being moved, etc.....it is too bad that I am not closer(Boise,ID) to IN. because the sequin attachment is a fun/niffty little addition to the machine....

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
            X