DS 9 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 9 questions

Alright, I searched the archives but can't find it (wrong search string I'm sure).

I don't have the selector marque when I click and drag to collect or select objects, and when I move an object, it is not highlighted so I am not sure where it is going to land when I let go of it. Also, the stitch re-draw does not run properly - no replay, the timer moves left to right, but no simulated stitching going on the main body screen.

Any agreements, or options I am forgetting to toggle in the defaults?

DS 9 pro+, Vista Home Premium, 4GB, Intel GMA X4500 integrated video, HP Officejet Pro 8500 wireless printer.

Thanks,
    Dave
    David Kohler<br />Integrity Embroidery<br />7942 Mainland Drive, Ste 101<br />San Antonio, TX 78250<br />210-232-2351 cell

1. Do you have DS 7 installed?
    2. Is this a laptop computer?

Comment

foxtrot-mike-echo-five-four-zero,

Negative on both questions.

Dave
      David Kohler<br />Integrity Embroidery<br />7942 Mainland Drive, Ste 101<br />San Antonio, TX 78250<br />210-232-2351 cell

Comment

Another post suggested installing Melco Sizer but that didn't help. Seems like the same engine drives that and it looked just like my DS Pro+ screen, even the header at the top of the window.

I was suspicious for the HP printer, since every time I re-install DS, it asks to get a "disk 1" that has a feature for the HP Solutions App, so I totally de-installed those HP apps and printer drivers, but no help for the DS app. Same story, same window.

I guess I'll try Melco tomorrow. I can baffle them too.

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave...I picked up on this post toward the end but you got my attn when you said you received the HP apps error. I KNOW THIS ONE..but you need to contact HP on their website and use their online tech support. There is a file that removes this problem. It has to do with the HP installation software and will conflict with various software applications. In your case, the DS installation. Once you get the download, you run it, and it removes that request to use disk 1, etc. Then reinstall your DS and you shouldn't have a problem.

Another thing...I am also having problems with my orientation in DS...I hit the "F" key and consistently my design will disappear. Even if it looks oriented correctly, it will sew out incorrectly...argh. Melco told me it was a video card problem because the new V9 of DS uses the GL Application. I upgraded my driver and enabled the GL Application to run and I still have this problem. Also, when I load a design to a machine, the colors don't carry over. It will show the design correctly but will have the color stops for the previous design. I'll be on the phone with tech support later today for this too.

Anyone else have issues with the orientation option, the color stop issue, or the redraw button changing size for no reason?

I'm running XP Media Center (which is XP Pro on steroids) with plenty of RAM, etc. All drivers updated.

GF

Comment

The orientation button problem-we have it! And there is nothing wrong with the video card...it's a glitch in Melco's programming. We gave up trying to us it-just go back to DS and rotate the design there. Color stops from previous design always remain until you put in new ones...never seen it change when loading a new design in DS 6 or 7.
            Supposedly there is an upgrade for DS9 out that will correct the problems?

Comment

Thanks for the tip, GL. I can usually insert the HP disk and solveit but it makes me wonder if there was a shared file issue that DS removes everytime I uninstall it, or reinstall it and then the HP glitch shows up. A works in progress, no doubt.

I have had the same with DS inserting extra colors when lettering appears at the end of a design and I have 2 or 3 locations/items with lettering, even if all the same color, it breaks them into three separate thread changes. I go back and combine the items with the up arrow icon on the right in the project list, looks OK, save the file, and viola, they are separate again when I re-open the file. Arrrgh!

Would be nice if m\Melco would communicate a list of known bugs and that actions to ameliorate them are underway, and an expected up-date.

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X