Design Recovery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Recovery?

I was wondering if there was a backup or recovery feature with Design Shop. On our old, old, old software there are two folders that store files automatically.... a "recover" and a "backup" folder that store files when the software autosaves every n number of minutes, in case the program crashes....

Is there anything like that in Design Shop V9? I've had the software crash on me a couple times and when I re-open it, a window pops up asking if I want DS to reopen some of the designs that I was working on before the thing crashed. But is there a backup or recovery folder where things are auto-saved from days passed and not just from what I had open that day?
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

YARG! Had the program freeze on me before I saved and now wondering, yet again, if there is an auto-backup/recovery feature. . . ANYONE KNOW?!
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Discovered where the auto-save feature is hidden, and found where the files get saved.

FYI the feature is under Tools > Options > File Options, then "Auto Save On" and you can changed the interval as well.

The files are stored under File > Open > Local Disk (or wherever your DS & OS are saved) > Program Files > Melco > Design Shop > Temp.

You can also create a shortcut and put that folder less deep in all your files so it's easier to get to. Yay for taking 4 years to solve my own problem
      Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Thanks! That it great info to have! Wondered if there was a location to find these.

Comment

You're welcome Couple other things I've noticed are:

1) I just went to check the setting again and it turned off. Not sure why it reset itself, because it stayed on for a few days in a row, but now coming back from the holiday break I find that it's off.

2) When you close out of DS manually (shutting down at the end of the day) and reopen DS the following day, (or right after you close out of it) the files are deleted from the temp folder it's saves those designs to. This is good because then you don't have to think about purging all the excess copies, but if you need something from last week because the file is now corrupt (for example), it's unfortunately no longer in there. I have no idea if there is a setting somewhere else for keeping those files longer, or to not "remove upon closing."
          Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Working...
          X