ds v9 not sending design to amaya os

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ds v9 not sending design to amaya os

Finally got the design shop version 9 to run on my 64 bit vista. Haven't managed to get the design shop to send the designs to the machine though. It tries but amaya doesn't respond to ds. I am able to load the design through the amaya just can't send it there. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Cheryl

If you export to an .exp will it work?

Comment

I've tried exp format and dst. Ds tries to send it but I get the message "amaya os not responding. Try again". I can't figure out what I need to change to make it work.

Comment

Here's a thought...is your Amaya OS also V 9?
        I had Amaya OS 7 and DesignShop v6...could send to amaya no problem but if I saved it in amaya OS and tried to open it later in Design Shop, it wouldn't do it-the versions were not compatible 'backwards'.
        I have both version 9 now, but still using Design shop 6 because I couldn't figure out V9 to work as fast. But only v9 will open the Amaya OS9 files.
        Are you possibly sending a higher version of Design Shop to a lower version of Amaya?

Comment

design shop and amaya os are both version 9.

Comment

well, it was worth a thought...
            try a 'search' here in the archives for 64 bit vista and see if suggestions pop up-I know there has been a lot of trouble with that system and the Melco programs. I had our new computer loaded with the most current 'windows' instead of Vista just because of the issues.

Comment

Have you called tech support. You need the latest version of 9 for best compatibility with vista 64. They will be able to help you.
              John Yaglenski
              Amayausers.com - Webmaster
              Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
              Hilton Head Island, SC
              http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Haven't called Tech support lately. When I called them last time it was because I couldn't install it.
                They sent me the new version at that time. Guess I might have to call them after all. Thanks!

Comment

This forum is a great place filled with lots of wonderful information and extrordinarily helpful people - but sometimes, the best way to solve a problem is to go to the source. The 64 bit software is really coming along so it's important to make sure you have the most recent version (and also tell Melco the problems you specifically are having to see if it's a known issue and whether there's a work around).

Having said all that - and even with the issues with v.9 (most of which have been solved) - I have to honestly say, I have never seen my big reds sew as well as I have the last few weeks. Ordinarily I outsource a good portion of our digitizing but have had the chance to do some designs myself lately - and it is really amazing the quality I am turning out. The stitching looks absolutely beautiful and the detail on small lettering is fantastic.

If you havn't had a tech check your cable tension in a while, it would be a good time to do so. I did mine and all three machines were out of spec. Some more than others. Combined with the adjustments made in DS and the AOS - along with a good machine tune up, I am loving life and my Big Reds all over again.

I know a lot of the forums here are focused on what goes wrong, so I think every now and then, it's important to say how pleased I am overall with this product. My machines work better now than when I bought them back in 2002-ish. Who would have thought that? How many other products besides wine/liquor and violins/guitars get better with age? Not many!
                  John Yaglenski
                  Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                  Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                  Hilton Head Island, SC
                  http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Just thought I'd give a short update. The os stopped working and shut down (probably due to the interface between the keyboard and the chair) so I decided to try sending the design to the machine without first opening the amaya os. It worked. Clicked on the design said send to machine and it opened the amaya and loaded the design! Maybe the whole thing was due the the above mentioned interface!! (namely me lol) Thanks so much for all your help guys. I really do appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                    X