Design Shop Freezes on Save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Shop Freezes on Save

For some odd reason, Design Shop keeps freezing whenever I try to save a design I've been working on. There is no reason for it to be corrupt so I don't really know what's going on. The only thing I can think of is, maybe the problem is with the font I'm using. I've never used it before, so maybe that's what's causing the issues. I have had problems with freezes on saving, using another font, perhaps this is another one that I can expect to give me problems. It's strange though, because even though DS freezes, the design still gets saved, and I can open it fine, the only thing that get's altered is the font, which gets changed to wireframe. The font is "ASTRA" and the font that I had issues with before was "Copperplate-DAK" both of which are EA fonts. If they are embroidery alphabets, then why are they causing problems?
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

K........

I don't have the answer to all the why's DS will freeze up, but here is a work around to try which seems to kick start it into action again without having to close clear out and start over again.

Try doing a CNTL, ALT, Delete, but DO NOT click on "End Session." Just exit out by clicking on the X in the upper right corner of the screen...doesn't work 100% of the time but most of the time it seems to kick start something into moving again....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Yeah no :-/........tried that then eventually called tech support and they said to right click on the 3D icon, uncheck "enable hardware acceleration"....did that, still getting the freeze. This last time I tried to saved it (with the hardware acceleration unchecked) I saved it after each minor change I made to the text. (added pull comp, increased the density, and adjusted the spacing) It freezes when I add a zigzag or double zigzag underlay. This gave me problems with another font, so I assumed it was just that font, but this is the third font to give me this issue. I have done other fonts with zigzag and double zigzag underlays, so I'm a tad confused. :-/
      Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

What version are you running? I remember this being a problem with one of the late v7 or early v9 releases. It is the zig-zag underlay. Have you updated your software recently? The newest version available had that problem corrected.

Steve I.
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I'm currently running version 9.00.087.
          Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

K

I spent most of last night dealing with the same issues...... Very Frustrating.

I am running Ver7.00.112 And Ver9.00.087.

I checked for updates this morning and this seems to be the current software.

The problems remained.

What finally worked for me is turning off ,or unchecking everything in 3D settings.

I have not had Ver7 lock up on me for a couple of hours now.

I did the same in Ver9, but have not used it yet.

HUGO TORBIDONI
            MelcoTech
            Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Ok, I had a different tech tell me to try UN-checking "use continuous underlay" so, I tried it with one of the fonts that had been giving me problems and it saved fine. YAY :-D The only problem now is small sections of the letters do not have any underlay under them....Hopefully when I stitch it out, it won't be noticeable....TBC :-P
              Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

You can still have underlay and not have it continuous. Uncheck the "use continuous underlay" but then check one of the underlays. It just won't be continuous.

Juli in Kona
                Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
                X