Setting a default Color Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting a default Color Chart?

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to set a default color chart, instead of having to reselect the thread color chart every time I open a new design. We only use the RA Super Brite Poly so, there is no need for all the others. Thanks!
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

yes, I also want to know if it can be done!
    I just prefer RGB colors-so I can just click 'approximate' colors to save time but have the color selector match the spools on it. Makes it faster to select 'needle' for colors to have 'basic' colors up on the template and then if we need a 'pink' instead of a red (the color shown) we just swap the cones instead of trying to pull down the list for the 'exact' color number.
    I know...lazy yankee up here but I'd rather be jeeping!
    Roland

Comment

Silly boy! Jeeps are for girls . . . lol

GF

Comment

That's what my wife said on the jeep jamboree 2 weeks ago-I made the mistake of asking her to move my jeep on the side of a mountain trail...last time I got behind the wheel the rest of the day!
        Pics of her going over some massive rocks and stuff...so yeah, silly me...jeeps are for my wife!

Comment

It can be done and I have, indeed, done it. The trick is to trick DS into thinking it is doing what it is programed to do. It wants to load the ARC Poly, and will only load that as a default. So, the solution is very simple -- Rename the default file to another name, like bARC Poly.clr. Now rename the file you want as a default to ARC Poly.clr. It is that simple! I think you need to restart DS for the new file to show. You might want to put a text file in there to say what you have done so that if you or someone else wants to change it back, you know exactly what you have done. Very easy and very nice to not have to change the default every time.

You can also make your own file of all your currently owned threads. You can mix brands and can even put in those pesky varigated and metalic threads. Only thing is that the colors will not be right, but if you put them at the end, then you know where to look for them.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

There's got to be a permanent "real" way to change the color chart? Mine doesn't default to Arc Poly, it defaults to Madeira Neon Poly. Does anyone know how to do it through DesignShop. And can't you change the color chart on the left side? (the little squares of color that you can click on). I clicked on Save As Default in the Object Properties, but it only stays for that design. Help?
            Thanks!
            Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

all you have to do is with out a design in design shop double click on the color chart.
              It opens select the chart you wish to have as default and click the "save as default" button on the color box window.
              Now all files "not saved with another color chart choice" will display the Default color chart chosen.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Do you mean double click on the color palette on the left side? If so, I double click on it and nothing happens. If I right click on it, the "Color" window shows up. I change the Color Chart option on top to the one that I want and click on Save as Default. That changes the Color Chart but it doesn't change the Color Palette on the left side?

Comment

Oh, I think I got it. You have to click on Match Chart to change the Palette on the left. But I was reading in the instructions that you can change the individual colors on the Color Palette, but it's not working for me.

Comment

Figured out how to change the palette colors too. You have to click on the color you want then change the color number, then click Apply. Boy, I've used this program for a few years now and never could figure that out!

Comment

once you set your pallet choose save as custom and then set pallet and give it a name and you can choose it any time you want.
                      by choosing load color pallet...
                      [email protected]
                      Jerome in Minnesota
                      (320)259-1151

Comment

sorry "load custom pallet" not load color pallet
                        [email protected]
                        Jerome in Minnesota
                        (320)259-1151

Comment

OK, thanks!

Comment

What I would love to do is change the color displayed on screen. We now use Isacord thread since Arc is no longer, but the colors on screen are terrible, and since some customers want to see a graphic on screen, I still use the Arc color system as those colors represent much better. I wish I could figure out a way to show arc colors with the Isacord color numbers as my actual palette. I asked Melco about it and they said you cannot do this. I need a great software person to come up with a solution to this. Anyone out there up for the challenge?

Comment

Working...
                            X