Instructional videos not playing in Vista 64-Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructional videos not playing in Vista 64-Bit

My wife and I just returned from the Amaya OS/Design Shop classroom training in Los Angeles. Before we attended the training, we noticed that the instructional videos within the Amaya OS and Design Shop programs could not play on our laptop. The laptop's OS is Windows Vista 64-Bit. Cynthia, our instructor, noticed that they were not playing on her laptop either. They run properly on our computer that has the Windows XP OS. Has anyone else experienced this problem??

One thing to always try is to right click on the 3D icon and disable the "Hardware Acelleration" by unchecking it. Close out the program and reopen it....You will need a design loaded up in OS to do this.....has to do with the video card and seems to affect laptops more so than tower PC's....something about the video card on (some? all?) laptops being build right into the motherboard...

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Chris and Johnah,
      If you have just returned from training, I'm going to assume you're just getting started with your Melco system.
      Personally speaking, I wouldn't be pushing the envelope with the newest technology until most of the kinks have been worked out.
      Try and use a PC with Windows XP for the easiest experience. If you like Vista and are PC savy, then you'll need to have a true version of Vista that is 32 bit. As I understand it, you can't use the newer version of Vista that is 64 bit and convert it down to 32 bit. It just doesn't work correctly this way.
      Microsoft will always be ahead of the game. You will want to wait for Melco catch up to this newer version of software before relying on it for your embroidery business.
      Best of luck to you.
      Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
      X