Design Shop Pro Freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Shop Pro Freezes

Hi! I keep having a problem when I try to save two lines of text in Design Shop Pro. It's two lines of Copperplate-DAK font and every time I try to save it, the program freezes, I shut it down, restart and the file did save, but now the design is all in wire frame, which is not what I want since I have different names that I need to put in and then save them as well. I've narrowed the problem down to the fact that every time I select an underlay, that's what causes the freeze because I've saved it after every change I make, and the change that causes the freeze is the underlay. I was wondering if any one else has the same problem and if there is anything I can do or if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks!
    Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

I don't have the font listing book in front of me-but check and see if you DO have to add an underlayment for that font. You may not need to.
    Also, do the setup and design, add your lettering, but DON'T add the underlayment.
    Save the design- then click on the lettering and add the underlayment (if you do need it) and try saving it again. Does the same thing happen?
    We had similar problem with making 'single line' width changes-set the wrong number and it would crash-figured out we had to set the line width with a HIGHER number, save it, then go in and change it to what we wanted and save again. Never got an answer as to what the problem was from techs...just a gremlin in there.

Comment

I just had the same problem just last week. I solved it by starting all over. I think, but actually have no concrete evidence, is that the original file that I was trying to change was corrupted. When I started all over, I could make all my names with no problem.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I had forgotten about the 'corrupted file' syndrome...sometimes as Juli says, something 'in' that file is corrupted and you can do nothing but start over. I haven't had it happen in a long time-but you can start with 'copying' only the graphics, not the lettering, and paste into a new 'file' and give it a different name-then add new lettering. If it works-you know the 'lettering' on the original is the corruption.
        Copying the whole thing and pasting into a new file only moves the corruption over.

Comment

I stitched the design out without any underlays and they are definitely necessary. I've used this font before, but it was always small. So, the font either needed no underlay, or just a center run. I thought maybe it's just the type of underlay I was trying to use that was giving me the problem (since center run gave me no problems with saving). Turns out, when I try to use only zigzag, or double zigzag, does it freeze. I did try saving all the options for my design except for the underlay, then adding the underlay and saving it, but it still froze. I did it several times and even shut down my computer to see if it was something with my machine, but no luck.

I tried using the fill underlay and I was able to save it without trouble......and the design stitched fine. So, I'm not sure what the deal is with that font that it has issues with zigzag underlays, but I'll just use the fill from now on for the large size.
          Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Also, the file wasn't corrupted, because it was a brand new design. I had been starting from scratch, so there wasn't anything wrong with the file. Even after I saved it, the file saved fine, but the text was in wire frame.
            Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Sounds like you narrowed it down to the font!
              Wonder if you should remove that font from your font file, restart the computer, and then reload the font from a disk. I get weird things from fonts in my graphic programs and find that's what I have to do. Rare, but couple times a year when you run 7,000 fonts!
              And some fonts just never work-are corrupted on the disk-so I just delete them entirely.
              Glad you worked it out!

Comment

That's an idea, I hadn't thought of removing the font and reinstalling it. I'd eliminate it entirely, but a lot of people like that font, unfortunately....Thanks for the advice :-D
                Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Working...
                X