complex fill settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complex fill settings

I am doing a large complex fill area and it has filled the area well, except there are places going across where the thread is longer and loose, and it looks like it has overlapped other stitches. Is this a setting I can change? There is no pattern to it, it's just randomly all over the filled in area, from one side to the other. It is not an underlay stitch, from what I can tell.

Thanks for any feedback you can give to me.
    Blessings~cindy

I am doing a large complex fill area and it has filled the area well, except there are places going across where the thread is longer and loose, and it looks like it has overlapped other stitches. Is this a setting I can change? There is no pattern to it, it's just randomly all over the filled in area, from one side to the other. It is not an underlay stitch, from what I can tell.

Thanks for any feedback you can give to me.
    Blessings~cindy

Comment

Try moving the start and stop locations or changing the stitch direction. Sometimes I see a line like you're describing on the screen, but when I stitch it out, it's not noticeable.
      Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

Some fills automatically start on one side of an area, go part way across, then jump to the other side and come back and overlap. Without this overlap (which you can change the number of 'rows' it overlaps in properties) you would see a definite 'line' between the sewn areas. If there is any puckering of the material, this 'line' may open right up wide without the overlap. This may be what you are seeing for the 'overlap' area. If the threads are loose/long, check the stitch length in 'properties' for that fill. I find the 'default' for a lot of the fills are 60 or higher-and I also drop that down to 40 or below for a tighter pattern with no loose threads.

Comment

Thanks very much for the feedback...
          Blessings~cindy

Comment

Working...
          X