Add new Thread Mfg to Color Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add new Thread Mfg to Color Properties

I went to the NNEP Embroidery Mart over the weekend and purchased some Floriani thread. Unfortunately it is not one of the threads in my Color Properties. I'm using V-7 Design Shop Pro+. Is there some way to add a new color palette? If there is, I'm sure someone out there knows how. I've looked through the help topics and everywhere else I can think of. Please help!
    Mary

Mary,
    I don't believe you are going to add a new color palette. I personally haven't heard of how one would do this even if you had the right type of file to use.

I suggest you either use another palette that is similar or choose the RGB system at the bottom of the list and create the color yourself that you would like to see on the screen.

Remember that an embroidery machine is color blind. It only wants to know what # needle to sew with. NOT what color to sew. YOU will determine what spool of thread is on any particular needle. Therefore, to have a precise color showing on the screen is just for feelgood measure. If you're spending a great deal of time trying to set up a color on the screen, sometimes it's faster to just sew out a small design on some scrap fabric to show what that color will look like on the final product.

Just my quick thoughts on this subject.

Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed, The files that contain the thread colors information is just a text file. You can make your own file by just carefully following the syntax of the files already there. I made my own file with just the threads I own. It is easy, but tedious.

In DS V9, Melco does supply the Floriani thread file. So, it is already done. It just needs to be copied to the Color Data folder.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Well, there you go.
        Great information.
        Thanks Juli.
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Thanks a bunch to all, especially Juli, who came through yet again. Do you ever sleep?
          Mary Bowser

Comment

Working...
          X