Problem with new update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new update

I ran the auto update to go from version 9.00.074 to 9.00.088 yesterday afternoon. Nothing but problems since then. Elements not appearing, auto trims everywhere.

Fortunately, I only updated 1 system and still have my laptop and other desktop ready to go. Still have 8 designs to do today and would be dead in the water otherwise.

Anyone else having problems with this lovely piece of engineering?

I had the same thing going on
    you have to reinstall your V9

when I did the update it acually still shows at .074 called tech support and they told me they would send me the updated disc.

hopefully this wil help you I know exactly how fusterating it is

Comment

I have had problems with V9 since I installed the update. I called Melco support and they said it might be my video card. I have Vo installed on 2 laptops and a desktop. The desktop does not have the update and works perfectly, the two laptops crash everytime I get a design going. Also, if you have V7 installed on the same computer, the update overwrites the V7 because the update does not give the option of which folder to install it. To try to fix my problem, Melco had me delete V7, download the update, then reinstall V7. V9 still crashes the computer. Sooooo my conclusion is that there are problems in the update. i have not contacted Melco yet but probably will tomorrow. Melco is trying but meanwhile.... it is aggravating.. I guess I will have to get rid of V9 and reinstall without the update to fix the problem I will not reinstall the update until I see what is going to happen. I hope Melco soon recogniges the problem but I tried to get feedback from this list to find out if anyone else was having problems, and could not get much feedback, but now it seems to be coming in. The technician I spoke with said he had not had an opportunity to "play" with the update and did not know what it would do. I wish Melco would post or email each customer with known issues so as to avoid these kinds of problems.

Barbara

In SanAntonio

Comment

My update(OS9) has gone well so far. It did overwrite my preferences, which was a pain, but production went well today. I'm hoping they took care of "known" issues before the release.

Comment

Yes, I am having trouble with trims being added to the end of some of my designs.

I am also having a machine loosing its configuration and shutting down. I never saw a machine shut itself down before! I have seen them disconnect, but stay on.

I have to keep putting in the serial #'s because some of my 13 becomes invalad(not all). I am going to uninstall this 088.

Greg

Comment

All,

It would be interesting to know if the9.00.088 update is being corrupted through the file transfer because it is a large file....whether or not firewalls, virus rograms and such are affecting the transfer with certain folks, etc....

I wonder if a direct update through the use of a CD/DVD would produce the same results?

Has anyone tried this? Just curious.

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,

I downloaded the update twice, the second time worked much better. I finally deleted v7 altogether deleted the registry keys did a fresh install and things are working better (besides the known bugs they are working on) I was told we should have .091 ready to download next week and it is working way better.

I guess it's the price you pay for testing.

Steve I.
              Trinity Emboridery
              Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I can't help on the updated concerning the difference between a disc and the downloaded update but I wanted to know if anyone is having trouble sending a design to the machines directly from Design Shop? I have been having this problem on my desktop that I have not downloaded the update to. First I get an error message saying the color configuration is not set properly for this version. And the RSA files try to load and load but nothing happens. Do I need to configure each machine again? It looks like it isn't even seeing the machines. I finally had to save my design as V7 then send it to the machines.

Barbara
                In San Antonio

Comment

Barbara,

Try deleting your design shop key in the registry. I had to do that and so did Margaret. She was having the same problem. On start up her download RSA/CSA was just going in a loop. When she Deleted the Registry key the problem was fixed.

Steve I.
                  Trinity Embroidery
                  Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Just found this interesting tidbit in the Mar/April
                    Stitches Software review, their article about DesignShop V 9...

The only drawback is DesignShop's occasional tendency to shut down. "Sometimes, the program will shut down unexpectedly, resulting in the loss of any work done," Butterfield says.

is this one of the glitches that's causing problems?

Comment

I downloaded the V9 update last week and ran a logo that I had just digitized. But I designed with Design Shop V9 and ran the OS V7. The design sewed out properly, but the machine inserted a thread trim where none was called for. Auto-trim in Design Shop was turned off.

I sent the design to the customer who is running V9. In a discussion over the phone, her V9 software was reporting several hundred stitches less than my V7 software was. She was having a one line column vary in width noticably, but since it sewed fine on my XT I suggested a different backing strategy.

Anyone know why the XT would have thrown in that extra trim between elements? Why would V9 report a different amount of stitches? Could it be that running a V7 design on a V9 system was causing the column width to vary?

Comment

Working...
                      X