Unable to open files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to open files

We are having a problem opening previously saved embroidery files in AMAYA OS and Design Shop. The message I get on OFM files is "The selected file is incompatible with this version It can be converted to a compatible format by opening it in EDS 111 , then perform a file , Save as to a new file name". The message I get for a EXP file is "Invalid expanded file information , file open operation cancelled". So any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Curtis

Do you have 2 different versions of DesignShop? If so, open it with the newest version and save it as one or two older versions.

Comment

Sorry, this does not work. Have you actually tried it?

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

No I have only one version, I uninstalled both the operating system and Design shop and no help. I did reload most of the designs from a previous back up and those opened o.k. after that.I have a later backup that I will sort through and reload as needed , at least it seems to be fixable but I would like to know what caused it. I did have to change from Norton to Mcafee firewall and etc. through AT&T I am wondering if it may have done something to the regisrty ?

Comment

I digitize for others and if they only have V7 then I must digitize in V7 or if I do it in V9 then I have to send them a dst file. Otherwise they can't open it even if I save in V7. It just doesn't work. Didn't work in the beta and still doesn't work. If anyone can do it, I'd sure like to know how they manage to accomplish it.

Juli in Kona
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli,

My Version 9 saves as v7 with no problems. I was having trouble with saving as v7 when i was using the last beta software and Jeff had me delete something from my registry (don't remember what) and it has worked fine ever since.

Steve I.
            Trinity Embroidery
            Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
            X