• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V9 Lettering problem

Just a bit of a problem here.

I have V9 Pro+
    hoop size 11.5x17p

I went in and set up sone keyboard lettering.
    have done this many times before in V7

got it the way I wanted it and then selected the design and choose Center design.
    It disappears "All Gone" hit undo it is back.

I zoomed althe way out and still did not see it.

So I centered it by hand in the hoop.

and it looked good but it will not
    load in the V9 OS.

restarted computer and Amaya.
    seems to load other designs fine.
    A bit lost here.

Any Ideas Here??
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

There is just something wrong with the lettering. I would wipe out what you have just made and redo it. Sometimes God blinks and things just go to hell. Sad but true.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Ok get this
      If I change the design to wire frame from Lettering
      everything works fine.

also
      I noticed if you have the design selected
      (this being wire frame) and save the design. the program scrolls down the project list through evey element. while saving.

strange.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Jerome,

I encountered that problem several times during the Beta testing and thought they had it fixed. It has not happened to me since I got the full release. What I did as a work around was to get the file how I wanted it in DS and then saved as an .exp. For some reason OS has no problem loading .exp files when the same file will not open as .ofm.

Steve I.
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I think we fouund the same fix, you just changed the format also. since saving it as an exp is changing it to a wireframe. and removing the editing "lettering" information.

seems there are still some bugs to work-out.

I do like V9 much more then V7 though....
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

This happened to me once with V9. I unclicked the 3D button and noticed a "thread" leading from the text stitches off the screen into infinity. I deleted that text and re-entered it and the problem went away.

Comment

That "thread" has shown up several times on my screen. Don't know what creates it but once it's there, I have found you just start over. Another strange thing happened to me yesterday. When I did some changes to some lettering (don't remember what) some center walk stitches of the letters suddenly blossomed outside the lettering like a corona, very strange. Had to start that all over again too. Is anyone else as unhappy as I am over the smallness of the lettering entry box? I do a number of letterman jackets with long text lines and it's hard to keep track of what's been added when the lines run out of the box. And I really miss the F6, F7, F8 and F9 hot keys from older versions. I never use Brody without two kerning clicks between the capital and the first lower case line. Having to use the mouse to get these commands is a pain.
              Jimmie Jones<br />TJ\'s Designs<br />319 Howard Ave.<br />Vallejo CA 94589

Comment

Working...
              X